Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cannabinoids Found To Reduce 90% Of Skin Cancer In Just 20 Weeks

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 36 Replies
3 moms liked this

new study conducted by the Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health, and published in the newest issue of the Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, has found that cannabinoids can reduce up to 90% of skin cancer in just a 20 week period.

For the study, researchers used synthetic cannabinoids (natural, cannabis-derived cannabinoids are typically even more effective) on mice with skin cancer in a 20 week study, and found that the cannabinoids had a hugely positive effect, reducing skin cancer by up to 90% as well as “inhibiting tumor promotion”.

Researchers conclude:

This is the first report indicating the structure-activity relationships for the anti-inflammatory activity of synthetic cannabinoids on TPA-induced inflammation in mice. Naphthoylindoles, JWH-018, -122 and -210 [synthetic cannabinoids], had the most potent anti-inflammatory activity and also markedly inhibited tumour promotion by TPA in the two-stage mouse skin carcinogenesis model. The present results suggest that synthetic cannabinoids, such as JWH-018, -122 and -210, may be used as cancer chemopreventive agents in the future.

LINK

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Interesting! 

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Wow! This sounds very promising.
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

BUMP!

lancet98
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Light me up a fattie, let's celebrate.

LOL.

NOT.

How come I know so many stoners who have died of cancer?

I SERIOUSLY doubt not smoking enough pot is the cause.   They were severely pushing the envelope.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I don't know so many stoners. Did they die of skin cancers?

Quoting lancet98:

LOL.

NOT.

I SERIOUSLY doubt not smoking enough pot is the cause.   They were severely pushing the envelope.

lancet98
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Lung cancer, testicular cancer, and a couple other kinds.   Ah...pancreatic cancer.

I volunteered in a nursing home, and one of the nurses aids there told me, 'Sure, we're full of stoners.   They have lots of health problems'.

I was like WHAT????   THE NATURAL HERB?

Yup.   Lots of respiratory disease too.

The person I was visiting, her room mate only survive about a month at the nursing home.   She told me, 'I guess this is my punishment for being a stoner'.

I was like WHAT?

ALL MY LIFE, people have been telling me how HEALTHY marijuana is.

So I started researching this - reading the studies themselves, NOT the sensationalist articles in the 'standard press', which are complete BS.

That's the thing.   There's an extremely voluble side that screams that marijuana is the HEALTHIEST thing in the world, 100% harmless, God's own gift, and THEY distort everything and attack ANYONE who even SUGGESTS there are any health problems with marijuana - like I presume you're doing("I WANT NAMES!   WHERE ARE THEY BURIED!!!!!"....lol....).  

Then there's the OTHER EXTREME, and they're just as extreme and JUST as CRAZY in not giving a realistic picture.

The fact is, anything you smoke a lot is going to do shit to your lungs.   No getting around that.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting lancet98:

LOL.

NOT.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Why synthetic?  Because there is MONEY to be made.  Can't let people just grow their own REAL plants!

Why is this not surprising at all?  Because God already said in his word that He gave us the plants and herbs for healing.  Leave it to man - and modern medicine and, mostly, pharmaceutical companies - to screw it all up. 

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Quoting lancet98:

LOL.

NOT.

I'm a medical mj patient and know many stoners, none have had any cancer so far, unless they also smoked tobacco. Besides that, smoking isn't the best way to ingest it and the info I have seen on skin cancer were using an oil, cannabis extract. There have been other studies. I'm not saying it cures cancer but I have seen a ton of anecdotal evidence and believe more research needs to be done.

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumors in Half, study shows

Marijuana Linked to Lower Bladder Cancer Risk

Marijuana Fights Cancer and Reduces Side Effects

Marijuana Reduces Risk of Head and Neck Cancer

Phoenix Tears

There's more out there. The sites might be pro-legalization but there are links to the studies.

More research needs to be done.

lancet98
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM

There's no difference between the active principle, in the synthetic or the natural.   It's a chemical, and easy to produce an identical version of.

But most likely, the synthetic type isn't going to appeal to everyone.

Certainly you have realized how big a market 'organic' is.   It's a multi billion dollar market.   

There is NO ONE AROUND PREVENTING THAT!!

In other words, there are going to be people who provide a market for the synthetic product, as well as the natural product.

Your flaw in your reasoning is that the market economy in America isn't going to JUMP at the chance to provide all sorts of grades or 'organic', 'natural', and 'commercial' marijuana products, as well as the cheaper synthetic.  

Quoting TranquilMind:

Why synthetic?  Because there is MONEY to be made.  Can't let people just grow their own REAL plants!

Why is this not surprising at all?  Because God already said in his word that He gave us the plants and herbs for healing.  Leave it to man - and modern medicine and, mostly, pharmaceutical companies - to screw it all up. 

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Quoting lancet98:

Lung cancer, testicular cancer, and a couple other kinds.   Ah...pancreatic cancer.

I volunteered in a nursing home, and one of the nurses aids there told me, 'Sure, we're full of stoners.   They have lots of health problems'.

I was like WHAT????   THE NATURAL HERB?

Yup.   Lots of respiratory disease too.

The person I was visiting, her room mate only survive about a month at the nursing home.   She told me, 'I guess this is my punishment for being a stoner'.

I was like WHAT?

ALL MY LIFE, people have been telling me how HEALTHY marijuana is.

So I started researching this - reading the studies themselves, NOT the sensationalist articles in the 'standard press', which are complete BS.

That's the thing.   There's an extremely voluble side that screams that marijuana is the HEALTHIEST thing in the world, 100% harmless, God's own gift, and THEY distort everything and attack ANYONE who even SUGGESTS there are any health problems with marijuana - like I presume you're doing("I WANT NAMES!   WHERE ARE THEY BURIED!!!!!"....lol....).  

Then there's the OTHER EXTREME, and they're just as extreme and JUST as CRAZY in not giving a realistic picture.

The fact is, anything you smoke a lot is going to do shit to your lungs.   No getting around that.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting lancet98:

LOL.

NOT.

I would never say that cannabis is completely harmless but it is less harmful than most of the rx and otc substances we use without question.

I've never seen any scientific evidence that marijuana caused cancer. Do you know 100% that it caused the cancers you are referring to? Those people had absolutely no other risk factors?

The odds are good that I will deal with cancer at some point, it's genetic-half my moms family died from some cancer or another, some of them fought it off in one area and it showed up somewhere else years later. It would be ridiculous to use me as proof that mj causes cancer because I have other risk factors involved.

There are other, better ways to ingest mj. I prefer my vaporizer or edibles. My dispensary has the best hash chocolate bars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)