Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cannabinoids Found To Reduce 90% Of Skin Cancer In Just 20 Weeks

Posted by   + Show Post

new study conducted by the Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health, and published in the newest issue of the Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, has found that cannabinoids can reduce up to 90% of skin cancer in just a 20 week period.

For the study, researchers used synthetic cannabinoids (natural, cannabis-derived cannabinoids are typically even more effective) on mice with skin cancer in a 20 week study, and found that the cannabinoids had a hugely positive effect, reducing skin cancer by up to 90% as well as “inhibiting tumor promotion”.

Researchers conclude:

This is the first report indicating the structure-activity relationships for the anti-inflammatory activity of synthetic cannabinoids on TPA-induced inflammation in mice. Naphthoylindoles, JWH-018, -122 and -210 [synthetic cannabinoids], had the most potent anti-inflammatory activity and also markedly inhibited tumour promotion by TPA in the two-stage mouse skin carcinogenesis model. The present results suggest that synthetic cannabinoids, such as JWH-018, -122 and -210, may be used as cancer chemopreventive agents in the future.

LINK

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Why synthetic?  Because there is MONEY to be made.  Can't let people just grow their own REAL plants!

Why is this not surprising at all?  Because God already said in his word that He gave us the plants and herbs for healing.  Leave it to man - and modern medicine and, mostly, pharmaceutical companies - to screw it all up. 

They will fight to keep the plant illegal and push their synthetics for money and control. I'm not religious but I do believe nature made this plant for us to use. It has so many applications it's criminal that we aren't using it. I mean, it's obvious, mj has cannabinoids and we have cannabinoid receptors in our brains. Seems simple and obvious to me.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quoting lancet98:

There's no difference between the active principle, in the synthetic or the natural.   It's a chemical, and easy to produce an identical version of.

But most likely, the synthetic type isn't going to appeal to everyone.

Certainly you have realized how big a market 'organic' is.   It's a multi billion dollar market.   

There is NO ONE AROUND PREVENTING THAT!!

In other words, there are going to be people who provide a market for the synthetic product, as well as the natural product.

Your flaw in your reasoning is that the market economy in America isn't going to JUMP at the chance to provide all sorts of grades or 'organic', 'natural', and 'commercial' marijuana products, as well as the cheaper synthetic.  

Quoting TranquilMind:

Why synthetic?  Because there is MONEY to be made.  Can't let people just grow their own REAL plants!

Why is this not surprising at all?  Because God already said in his word that He gave us the plants and herbs for healing.  Leave it to man - and modern medicine and, mostly, pharmaceutical companies - to screw it all up. 

That's because it's still illegal at the Fed level and their corporate donors/master pay our reps well to keep it that way and fight the useless war on drugs.

MJ is a huge business in Cali and hemp should be too.

lancet98
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting lancet98:

There's no difference between the active principle, in the synthetic or the natural.   It's a chemical, and easy to produce an identical version of.

Certainly you have realized how big a market 'organic' is.   It's a multi billion dollar market.   

In other words, there are going to be people who provide a market for the synthetic product, as well as the natural product.

Your flaw in your reasoning is that the market economy in America isn't going to JUMP at the chance to provide all sorts of grades or 'organic', 'natural', and 'commercial' marijuana products, as well as the cheaper synthetic.  

Quoting TranquilMind:

That's because it's still illegal at the Fed level and their corporate donors/master pay our reps well to keep it that way and fight the useless war on drugs.

There are far superior products out there compared to hemp.     It was dominating the market for some things, but that was a long time ago.

It used to be used for some purposes, but in some ways it's actually fair crap.   There are much better things out there now for most of its former uses.

It CAN be used for some things, of course, but CAN is different from should.   If I have an engineered product (has to fulfill certain requirements), I have many other options.

For example, I will NEVER climb on a hemp rope again, LOL.   It sucks for that.   Kernmantle (synthetic) rope simply is superior.   There is NO way getting around that.

There are similar problems with other natural fibers.   One of them is jute.

Jute has to be 'retted' - partly rotted in water, which adds to its handling costs and the time it takes to turn it around.   It just isn't a fast turnaround product and that just does not fit in with our 'just in time' inventories of today.

There's no tinfoil hat government conspiracy behind that, and there isn't one around hemp either.

BECAUSE - what you don't realize, is that the HEMP that is used for fiber has virtually NO resin in it and the same plants have NEVER been used for both fiber and recreational drug production.

Didn't know that, didja.

Yup.

Two entirely separate products, two very, very different plants, different marketplaces.

Back to jute.   It used to 'float' the economy in Bangladesh.   Until it didn't.   Then the jute market basically collapsed - replaced by cheaper synthetics.

As for marijuana being this miracle drug, perfectly healthy, never causes ANY health problems - cry me a river.   Lots of things to excess cause health problems.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting TranquilMind:

There are far superior products out there compared to hemp.     It was dominating the market for some things, but that was a long time ago.

It used to be used for some purposes, but in some ways it's actually fair crap.   There are much better things out there now for most of its former uses.

It CAN be used for some things, of course, but CAN is different from should.   If I have an engineered product (has to fulfill certain requirements), I have many other options.

For example, I will NEVER climb on a hemp rope again, LOL.   It sucks for that.   Kernmantle (synthetic) rope simply is superior.   There is NO way getting around that.

There are similar problems with other natural fibers.   One of them is jute.

Jute has to be 'retted' - partly rotted in water, which adds to its handling costs and the time it takes to turn it around.   It just isn't a fast turnaround product and that just does not fit in with our 'just in time' inventories of today.

There's no tinfoil hat government conspiracy behind that, and there isn't one around hemp either.

BECAUSE - what you don't realize, is that the HEMP that is used for fiber has virtually NO resin in it and the same plants have NEVER been used for both fiber and recreational drug production.

Didn't know that, didja.

Yup.

Two entirely separate products, two very, very different plants, different marketplaces.

Back to jute.   It used to 'float' the economy in Bangladesh.   Until it didn't.   Then the jute market basically collapsed - replaced by cheaper synthetics.

As for marijuana being this miracle drug, perfectly healthy, never causes ANY health problems - cry me a river.   Lots of things to excess cause health problems.

Do you know how hemp became illegal? It was more of a corporate conspiracy. Hemp can be used for much more than rope.

Where did I say it was a miracle drug and never caused any health problems? I'm sure I didn't so keep your river, no reason to be snarky. How many times do I need to say it needs more research? I'm constantly seeing new information while our govt insists it's more harmful than cocaine or heroin and has no medical uses.

I used to buy all the govt bs but know better now.

I also know the difference between hemp and marijuana. I'm not some stupid pothead and there is no reason to treat me as such.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM
What abou brownies?

Quoting lancet98:

Lung cancer, testicular cancer, and a couple other kinds.   Ah...pancreatic cancer.

I volunteered in a nursing home, and one of the nurses aids there told me, 'Sure, we're full of stoners.   They have lots of health problems'.

I was like WHAT????   THE NATURAL HERB?

Yup.   Lots of respiratory disease too.

The person I was visiting, her room mate only survive about a month at the nursing home.   She told me, 'I guess this is my punishment for being a stoner'.

I was like WHAT?

ALL MY LIFE, people have been telling me how HEALTHY marijuana is.

So I started researching this - reading the studies themselves, NOT the sensationalist articles in the 'standard press', which are complete BS.

That's the thing.   There's an extremely voluble side that screams that marijuana is the HEALTHIEST thing in the world, 100% harmless, God's own gift, and THEY distort everything and attack ANYONE who even SUGGESTS there are any health problems with marijuana - like I presume you're doing("I WANT NAMES!   WHERE ARE THEY BURIED!!!!!"....lol....).  

Then there's the OTHER EXTREME, and they're just as extreme and JUST as CRAZY in not giving a realistic picture.

The fact is, anything you smoke a lot is going to do shit to your lungs.   No getting around that.

Quoting NWP:

I don't know so many stoners. Did they die of skin cancers?

Quoting lancet98:

Light me up a fattie, let's celebrate.

LOL.

NOT.

How come I know so many stoners who have died of cancer?

I SERIOUSLY doubt not smoking enough pot is the cause.   They were severely pushing the envelope.

viv212
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Well a lot of people die from cancer, some don't smoke anything.
Oils and lotions were really well also without giving you a high. You don't have to smoke it.

Quoting lancet98:

Light me up a fattie, let's celebrate.

LOL.

NOT.

How come I know so many stoners who have died of cancer?

I SERIOUSLY doubt not smoking enough pot is the cause.   They were severely pushing the envelope.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, except that that is illegal!

You missed my point, I think.  Allowing people to have their own plants should be legal. 

However, if criminalized, then you create a system whereby they can only get it medicinally, bringing in Big Pharma.  Pharmaceutical companies cannot just patent a natural substance - though they certainly tried to replicate it in the "fish oil" drug - so they have to create a synthetic.  That's where the money is, not in naturally grown plants. 

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting TranquilMind:

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Exactly.  Of course the plant must remain illegal, so that the pharmaceutical companies can create and peddle their own synthetics.  A natural substance cannot be patented, but a synthetic can. 

Funny that we come to the same conclusion by different paths. 

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

They will fight to keep the plant illegal and push their synthetics for money and control. I'm not religious but I do believe nature made this plant for us to use. It has so many applications it's criminal that we aren't using it. I mean, it's obvious, mj has cannabinoids and we have cannabinoid receptors in our brains. Seems simple and obvious to me.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Exactly.  Of course the plant must remain illegal, so that the pharmaceutical companies can create and peddle their own synthetics.  A natural substance cannot be patented, but a synthetic can. 

Funny that we come to the same conclusion by different paths. 

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

I recall reading a quote about all paths lead to the same truth = )

Aestas
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Well. I kinda doubt the mice in this study were taking bong hits. I wonder how it was administered.

Quoting lancet98:

Lung cancer, testicular cancer, and a couple other kinds.   Ah...pancreatic cancer.

I volunteered in a nursing home, and one of the nurses aids there told me, 'Sure, we're full of stoners.   They have lots of health problems'.

I was like WHAT????   THE NATURAL HERB?

Yup.   Lots of respiratory disease too.

The person I was visiting, her room mate only survive about a month at the nursing home.   She told me, 'I guess this is my punishment for being a stoner'.

I was like WHAT?

ALL MY LIFE, people have been telling me how HEALTHY marijuana is.

So I started researching this - reading the studies themselves, NOT the sensationalist articles in the 'standard press', which are complete BS.

That's the thing.   There's an extremely voluble side that screams that marijuana is the HEALTHIEST thing in the world, 100% harmless, God's own gift, and THEY distort everything and attack ANYONE who even SUGGESTS there are any health problems with marijuana - like I presume you're doing("I WANT NAMES!   WHERE ARE THEY BURIED!!!!!"....lol....).  

Then there's the OTHER EXTREME, and they're just as extreme and JUST as CRAZY in not giving a realistic picture.

The fact is, anything you smoke a lot is going to do shit to your lungs.   No getting around that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)