Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This Is The Real Detroit

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 198 Replies

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Bump and you all watch video #3!!!! First. Watch 1 and 2 next.  Unbelievable. Thanks for the vids. I can't believe people are not in here in view a a Detroit bailout.

cjsix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
There is so Beautiful architecture in the old buildings of Detroit. It is honestly too bad that so many have been left to become so badly damaged that they need to be torn down...heartbreaking really. Then there are others that with enough love,caring and funds could be brought back to the Beauty they once had and used again.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Scary.

I'm glad my sister is no where near any of that.

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Bump and you all watch video #3!!!! First. Watch 1 and 2 next.  Unbelievable. Thanks for the vids. I can't believe people are not in here in view a a Detroit bailout.

Yeah video 3 is very telling and an every day occurance from one side of Detroit to the other.

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I'm kind of amazed the situation at the gas station has escalated to that point.
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cjsix:

There is so Beautiful architecture in the old buildings of Detroit. It is honestly too bad that so many have been left to become so badly damaged that they need to be torn down...heartbreaking really. Then there are others that with enough love,caring and funds could be brought back to the Beauty they once had and used again.

Most of those homes were turned into crack and heroin houses and after so may raids they (the thugs) just torched them or scrapped them for mettle or copper.

But even before that they were run down anyways because people in Detroit don't care about their own shit. They don't up keep their lawns, replace broken windows and doors paint their houses or make repairs or upgrades when needed. They for the most part are happy to live in their own filth. Then they move out or it gets condemned and the dope man takes over.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Yes, and as some have tried to say, NO AMOUNT of money is going to fix the mentality shown in vid 3.

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I'm kind of amazed the situation at the gas station has escalated to that point.

That's nothing. It happens every day all over the city. People have come to expect it as the norm, It is also not just gas stations but party stores, grocery stores, just about every street corner.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I was actually shocked to hear, in vid three, the young person say "why are you cleaning? this is a hood station."

It sure does seem the slob factor is something coveted in the heads of these folks.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting cjsix:

Most of those homes were turned into crack and heroin houses and after so may raids they (the thugs) just torched them or scrapped them for mettle or copper.

But even before that they were run down anyways because people in Detroit don't care about their own shit. They don't up keep their lawns, replace broken windows and doors paint their houses or make repairs or upgrades when needed. They for the most part are happy to live in their own filth. Then they move out or it gets condemned and the dope man takes over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN