Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone please give me some assistance concerning my cable bill?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
  • 49 Replies

I don't watch TV. I only watch what comes in through satellite from the Arab word and I sleep to CNN. I have tried to beak that sleeping habit and just couldn't do it.

Any ways my cable bill has been raised on me and my plan changed about 4 times this year. What originally started out as $67.00 is now $119.00 and that is the economy package with no extras. So I am basically paying $119.00 a month just to fall asleep listening to CNN. My cable bill is higher than my gas and electric bill. I am paying more for entertainment than my necessities which is stupid.

Money is not an issue with me. I can pay it but it just don't make sense if there is another option where I can get my CNN without spending an arm and a leg.

I tried yesterday to see if there was any way to watch it on line then I could just cut the cable off. Well I had no luck and I tried several different links and ended up with nothing but a bunch of malware that took most of the morning to clean up and I still don't think I got it all.

So my question is, is their a legit safe site that I can go to to listen to my CNN when I go to bed?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMCMSM
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I think if you go to CNN.com and go to the videos it wii just play one after the next automatically with commercials in between.
carlyshort
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think there is.
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

live.cnn.com

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Look into getting a Roku
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:56 AM

My ATT bill for all three (cable, internet and phone) is $150/mo.  I can't imagine cable only costing that much unless it's because you're subscribing to foreign channels.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Yup. I pay $130 here for cable, Internet, & phone and that includes HBO and the sports package!

It sounds like a rip off to me to pay that much for just cable. Can you switc providers?

Quoting Della529:

My ATT bill for all three (cable, internet and phone) is $150/mo.  I can't imagine cable only costing that much unless it's because you're subscribing to foreign channels.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Quoting Della529:

No I have no extras. That price does include my internet but that is only $24.00 a month

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Quoting jadedcynic:

live.cnn.com

That was the first thing I tried.They had me down loading all kinds of stuff which turned out to be malware and I never was able to access CNN

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Yup. I pay $130 here for cable, Internet, & phone and that includes HBO and the sports package!

It sounds like a rip off to me to pay that much for just cable. Can you switc providers?

Quoting Della529:

I tried AT&T was even more expensive not much but it was more and WOW who has a really good deal does not service my area... go figure. By the way I have Comcast and have had it for 16 years you would think they would work with me but wont.

muslimah
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Look into getting a Roku

I never heard of it. I will have to look into it tomorrow. I don't want to have to start down loading a bunch of crap again and end up with all these problems I ended up with yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured