Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sarah Palin: I Was 'Banned' From Talking About Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers During 2008 Campaign

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 35 Replies

Sarah Palin: I Was 'Banned' From Talking About Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers During 2008 Campaign

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) said she was "banned" from certain talking points while running alongside Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on the Republican ticket in the 2008 election.

Palin criticized the media for "ingratiating themselves with [Obama] and vice versa" and trying to "destroy these whistleblowers" who were talking about controversial pastor Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, former University of Illinois professor and co-founder of the violent anti-war group Weather Underground.

"Though I was during the campaign running for VP, I was banned from talking about Jeremiah Wright and Obama's friend, Bill Ayers, the character that he befriended and kicked off his political campaign in the guy's living room," Palin said.

Palin blamed "those elitists, those who are the brainiacs in the GOP machine running John McCain's campaign at the time" for saying "the media would eat us alive" if the vice presidential candidate touched on those issues.

"What it got us was a list of these scandals," Palin said about the "self-censoring" done by the McCain campaign. "This is kind of a redneck version of one of those elitist tactics of Karl Rove, how he uses his white board. This a redneck version of a whiteboard. And on this list, the scandals that are destroying America."

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
9 moms liked this
Lol, well we heard about them, so the campaign probably just thought it would be more credible if scandals were brought up by people that didn't sound ignorant about current events, geography, and, well, any other academic subject.
LiliM
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM
She still had plenty of talking points with which to sink the campaign.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

She is another one who should never be taken seriously.  She is less relevant than most, except in her own mind.

SuperChicken
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM
5 moms liked this

Please. It's 2013.  I don't see any reason that we must be tortured with posts about Sarah Palin at this point.   Did we not suffer enough.      Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

She is complaining that her own party didn't let her make a bigger ass of herself than she already did?  5 years ago?  STFU Palin.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Really now? 

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Is she gearing up for 2016?  That will be entertaining.   

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Oh no! Smart people telling her what to do! Elitists!!
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting momtoscott:

Is she gearing up for 2016?  That will be entertaining.   

You betcha!

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quoting FromAtoZ:

She is another one who should never be taken seriously.  She is less relevant than most, except in her own mind.

Would you prefer to vote for the one of the left of the picture, or the one on the right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN