Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Worship.....

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 262 Replies
Who went to their house of worship, or visited a house of worship today? Who's going to worship tomorrow? What are you looking forward to the most? Word? Music? Fellowship? Tithing? Prayer? Do you enjoy dressing up for church? When you shop, do you find yourself saying "oh, this would be great for church"? Who attends worship with you?
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

We will go tomorrow. I most look forward to the peacefulness and the reminders of gratefulness. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM
We go tomorow
kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

We don't go at all.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM
What part of it gives you peace?
Quoting rfurlongg:

We will go tomorrow. I most look forward to the peacefulness and the reminders of gratefulness. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I'll bite.

I'm going tomorrow. Looking forward to the Homily. The music during the summer sucks ( God forgive me but it's true.) The organist plays too slow and the vocalist sings too fast and they never seem to be able to get it together. I miss the folk group which takes a break during the summer.

Not too much fellowship during the summer either. People are in and out; besides Donut-Sundays are also on hiatus for the summer. Then there's tithing- I only do the first envelope and recycle the second. It sortof pisses me off that I have to pay for the expansion of the building which quite frankly didn't expand very much. And after paying hundreds of dollars for religious ed classes taught by volunteers- well, it gets a bit old.

Well, there you have it.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Ever thought of finding a house where you are actually happy and being fed? I enjoy the homily very much as well, it reminds me that my pastor is actually human lol!
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I'll bite.

I'm going tomorrow. Looking forward to the Homily. The music during the summer sucks ( God forgive me but it's true.) The organist plays too slow and the vocalist sings too fast and they never seem to be able to get it together. I miss the folk group which takes a break during the summer.

Not too much fellowship during the summer either. People are in and out; besides Donut-Sundays are also on hiatus for the summer. Then there's tithing- I only do the first envelope and recycle the second. It sortof pisses me off that I have to pay for the expansion of the building which quite frankly didn't expand very much. And after paying hundreds of dollars for religious ed classes taught by volunteers- well, it gets a bit old.

Well, there you have it.

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
All of it. It is my chance to center after a crazy week.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
9 moms liked this
Hmmm, just wondering what the motive of this post truly is all about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I understand. Sometimes just walking through the doors does it!
Quoting rfurlongg:

All of it. It is my chance to center after a crazy week.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN