Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Life insurance policies of fallen heros should not be taxed.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 30 Replies

Life insurance and inheritances of fallen soldiers/firemen/police offices/ect in the line of duty should not be taxed if going to next of kin. Agree or disagree?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Agree. Their families have already lost so much by their family member giving their life in the line of duty. They shouldn't be punished even further. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

We dont pay taxes on life insurance when being paid out...so I feel sad for you all.

As for the Armed forces and public services who lay their lives on the line everyday....well IMO they shouldnt have to pay life insurance...let alone get taxed on it being paid out.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Agree. 

Actually, I don't think life insurance policies for anyone should be taxed. It's ridiculous. 

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think anyone should pay taxes on life insurance.  They need to do away with the death tax.   Most of that money has been taxed already and they are taxing for a second time.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I agree. There shouldn't be ANY taxes on ANY life insurance money!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM

This

Quoting cjsbmom:

Agree. 

Actually, I don't think life insurance policies for anyone should be taxed. It's ridiculous. 

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think any life insurance policies should be taxed.  

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
There shouldn't be an inheritance tax of any kind on anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Whose insurance is being taxed? This is news to me.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
News to me too. When my dad died last year there were 2 small life insurance policies, one of which he bought as a WWII veteran through the gov't, and an annuity. None of which I had to pay taxes on. I was named as the beneficiary, I don't know if that is why.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Whose insurance is being taxed? This is news to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)