Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is what I'm getting for my 30th Birthday *Tattoo* Edit with a favor to ask.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: For some reason it's making me add a poll,lol. Do you like the tattoo?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I've come so very far in these last 16 years. I don't even recognize myself. I've risen from the ashes of attempted suicide, drugs, eating disorders, abuse. So much Pain... So much Hatred...

But I've let all that go and I feel beautiful and loved. And just to make it more symbolic, I'm having done on my upper thigh. The same spot where I used to cut. The pain will be a good thing this time.

I'm not 100% set on this particular tatto, although I really like it. I'd love it if you guys would post other pics of Phoenixes for me too.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not my style but what matters is that you like it.You are the one who will have to live with it lol.I love tats and have some of my own.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Oh I love it :-) I was looking for days until I found that one.

What kinds do you have?

Quoting tnmomofive:

Not my style but what matters is that you like it.You are the one who will have to live with it lol.I love tats and have some of my own.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Mine are like tribal designs one has a heart in the middle.I still want more just can't spend the money on it right now.I want one on an arm of course kind of high so I can cover it for work.

tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

if that is what you want, good for you

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I like those.

My dh wants a tat on his arm. It'll cover almost from his wrist to the crook of his elbow. It's a leafless tree with dead brush underneath it. It looks pretty good and he'll be able to wear long sleeves to cover it.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Mine are like tribal designs one has a heart in the middle.I still want more just can't spend the money on it right now.I want one on an arm of course kind of high so I can cover it for work.

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm all about phoenix's, but this one is too simple and the tribal style is overdone in my opinion. I think, especially since it so meaningful to you, you should really go all out and get something flamboyant and beautiful. it's all about personal taste though, and if it means something to you then it makes a good tattoo regardless.

I like these, more abstract, detailed pieces:

all personal tastes aside though, congratulations on reaching this point in your life and being 'reborn'. May many more years of happiness await you!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Is it tribal style? I didn't really notice. I guess I as going for somthing more simple because I'm worried about getting a more intracite one and having it look crappy :-/ I like the first one you posted. It feels very...intense.

Quoting rfhsure:

I'm all about phoenix's, but this one is too simple and the tribal style is overdone in my opinion. I think, especially since it so meaningful to you, you should really go all out and get something flamboyant and beautiful. it's all about personal taste though, and if it means something to you then it makes a good tattoo regardless.

all personal tastes aside though, congratulations on reaching this point in your life and being 'reborn'. May many more years of happiness await you!

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

it is. I understand that. Are you having a friend do it? or will it be proffessional? If it's proffessional and yo like the artists portfolio, go as detailed as you want! It represents something really important about you, I think you should make it as beautiful as the concept :) not to say the one you picked isn't nice, I just think it could be more powerful.

Quoting paganbaby:

Is it tribal style? I didn't really notice. I guess I as going for somthing more simple because I'm worried about getting a more intracite one and having it look crappy :-/ I like the first one you posted. It feels very...intense.

Quoting rfhsure:

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Not my style but the meaning for you is great.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Eta, Thank you for this!

Quoting rfhsure:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)