Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is what I'm getting for my 30th Birthday *Tattoo* Edit with a favor to ask.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: For some reason it's making me add a poll,lol. Do you like the tattoo?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I've come so very far in these last 16 years. I don't even recognize myself. I've risen from the ashes of attempted suicide, drugs, eating disorders, abuse. So much Pain... So much Hatred...

But I've let all that go and I feel beautiful and loved. And just to make it more symbolic, I'm having done on my upper thigh. The same spot where I used to cut. The pain will be a good thing this time.

I'm not 100% set on this particular tatto, although I really like it. I'd love it if you guys would post other pics of Phoenixes for me too.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

happyI like your assessment.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

I like it. It is simple, but that is sometimes better. It clearly shows what it is, but still has enough detail to make it interesting but not so much as to overpower or obscure it.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

jllcali
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I like it. It will age better than an intricate one.
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Ah. I never thought about that. Good point.

Quoting jllcali:

I like it. It will age better than an intricate one.

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I liked this one

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The hearts are pretty!

Quoting katy_kay08:

I liked this one

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quoting paganbaby:

I like yours better;  however, just because phoenixes are pretty, here's some alternatives:

Obviously those are not tat style themselves, but I like the movement implied by the circular motif, and I think your one could probably be morphed into a more active stance, so it is doing something, not just posing like a heraldic beast.

The person on CafeMom you really ought to ask is RaverLady - she has a great eye for design.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting paganbaby:

I like yours better;  however, just because phoenixes are pretty, here's some alternatives:

Obviously those are not tat style themselves, but I like the movement implied by the circular motif, and I think your one could probably be morphed into a more active stance, so it is doing something, not just posing like a heraldic beast.

The person on CafeMom you really ought to ask is RaverLady - she has a great eye for design.

Yes! I love the motion. Thanks for the idea :-) And now I'm going to hit up RaverLady,lol.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I don't like this tattoo for one reason:

Like the tribal tatts of 10-15 years ago, this one is currently extremely popular, and I'm inclined to stay away from popular.

I would strongly recommend, if you want a piece of art that means something to you for real, that you go to a very talented artist and talk to him about the kinds of things that you want your tatt to mean, what you like, your favourite colours, what you don't like and what kind of impact you want to make, and pay the big bucks for an original piece.

Otherwise, in 15 years, you're going to look at it and cringe with the 'why, why, why???' question --why that, why then, why not something more meaningful to me?

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM

A combo of yours and what ms superwoman showed. I like the idea of blending the straight lines but with a more feminine look, too, if that makes sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN