Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what I'm getting for my 30th Birthday *Tattoo* Edit with a favor to ask.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: For some reason it's making me add a poll,lol. Do you like the tattoo?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I've come so very far in these last 16 years. I don't even recognize myself. I've risen from the ashes of attempted suicide, drugs, eating disorders, abuse. So much Pain... So much Hatred...

But I've let all that go and I feel beautiful and loved. And just to make it more symbolic, I'm having done on my upper thigh. The same spot where I used to cut. The pain will be a good thing this time.

I'm not 100% set on this particular tatto, although I really like it. I'd love it if you guys would post other pics of Phoenixes for me too.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
cassie_kellison
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. As long as you like it, I say go for it! :) I have a black cat on my back. For my cat, Kiki. She lived 16 years. It's on my lower back.

joyfree
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, MAN! That's just weird! I have been contemplating getting a phoenix tattoo, also! I have two tattos now, and they both symbolize something important to me. One is a seagull, which reminds me of the song of the same name by "Bad Company", and a small heart with a blue rose, symbolizing two deaths of people I loved.

I started thinking about a phoenix because my life has turned upside down in the last few years and I have been consumed with clinical depression. I see the phoenix as me, rising from the ashes to fly again.

It doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, either! I love Fawkes! I've seen this tattoo, but I still haven't decided which one I want or how big I want it to be...

"Great minds think alike", huh? simple smilewink

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I'm a bit of a comic book geek so I thought of Marvel's X-Men and Jean Grey's alter ego Phoenix.

This is what I found that's not really comic book-y. Honestly the one you posted I find a bit dated, there's a whole 90's tribal vibe going on. But again, tats are supposed to be personal, so in the end it shouldn't matter what we think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaBuenaVida
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM

It's a nice symbol, and your feelings for it are good, but I hate tattoos, especially on a woman. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Same her, mine are all from photos of my dogs and wolves, except for a tribal sled dog team on my arm.  I am getting a wolf head in front of an eagle on my forearm, soon.

Quoting tnmomofive:

Not my style but what matters is that you like it.You are the one who will have to live with it lol.I love tats and have some of my own.

Minnow Slayer

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I hate seeing bad tats on people.  I call them prison issues.

Quoting paganbaby:

Oh a professional all the way! Good tattos aren't cheap and cheap tattos aren't good. Learned that lesson the hard way...

And you know what? I agree! I'm going to keep looking. I have about a month before my birthday to decide. 

Quoting rfhsure:

it is. I understand that. Are you having a friend do it? or will it be proffessional? If it's proffessional and yo like the artists portfolio, go as detailed as you want! It represents something really important about you, I think you should make it as beautiful as the concept :) not to say the one you picked isn't nice, I just think it could be more powerful.

Quoting paganbaby:

Is it tribal style? I didn't really notice. I guess I as going for somthing more simple because I'm worried about getting a more intracite one and having it look crappy :-/ I like the first one you posted. It feels very...intense.

Quoting rfhsure:

I'm all about phoenix's, but this one is too simple and the tribal style is overdone in my opinion. I think, especially since it so meaningful to you, you should really go all out and get something flamboyant and beautiful. it's all about personal taste though, and if it means something to you then it makes a good tattoo regardless.

I like these, more abstract, detailed pieces:

all personal tastes aside though, congratulations on reaching this point in your life and being 'reborn'. May many more years of happiness await you!

Minnow Slayer

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I have to say, at first glance, I thought it was a tribal rooster.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I fully agree with you.  I do not do "off the wall" tats.  I don't want to walk down the street and see other people with the same thing.

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't like this tattoo for one reason:

Like the tribal tatts of 10-15 years ago, this one is currently extremely popular, and I'm inclined to stay away from popular.

I would strongly recommend, if you want a piece of art that means something to you for real, that you go to a very talented artist and talk to him about the kinds of things that you want your tatt to mean, what you like, your favourite colours, what you don't like and what kind of impact you want to make, and pay the big bucks for an original piece.

Otherwise, in 15 years, you're going to look at it and cringe with the 'why, why, why???' question --why that, why then, why not something more meaningful to me?

Minnow Slayer

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I really dislike thigh tattoos, personally. I like the design though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured