Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who Am I to Judge? (Catholics welcomed)

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 205 Replies
Pope Francis on Gays: 'Who Am I to Judge?.......................' "Pope Francis said Monday that he will not "judge" gays and lesbians - including gay priests -- signaling a shift from his predecessor and offering another sign that the new pope is committed to changing the church's approach to historically marginalized groups. "If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Francis said in a news conference aboard the papal plane".............as a faithful catholic, does this change anything for you personally or otherwise?############################################################################################ "How can you possibly know that no religion can see the whole truth unless you yourself have the superior, comprehensive knowledge of spiritual reality you just claimed none of the religious possess?" -Timothy Keller
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh my God will you just stop? 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Is this a step in the right direction? Does this surprise you? Do you like this new popes candor, and zest?
Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
6 moms liked this

Are you Catholic now, too?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

you misrepresented what he said

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't think it really changes anything because we were not supposed to judge others in the first place.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
6 moms liked this

That's for each individual to decide. I thought it was rather open-minded and refreshing to hear him say that. The reality is that the bible is the views of ancient men in ancient times with ancient mindsets. I believe we've evolved since then and that much of the mindset was designed based on the writer's views for those times. 

I believe people get the views of the writers' confused with what God wants just because the writers insinuate that it's inspired by God. Let's face it, God is a muse.. not the writer. A muse can inspire someone to write, paint, draw, etc.. That's the job of a muse but in no way is it the muse responsible for what comes out of that inspiration.  People have seriously confused the writings in the Bible for being God's word when there is no validity to it other than the writer saying so. 

The church, over the years, have made some corrections without public consciousness such as correcting who Mary Madgalen actually was not back in the 60's, I believe.  

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
How long have you been a part of the Catholic faith?
Quoting fireangel5:

I don't think it really changes anything because we were not supposed to judge others in the first place.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this pope is setting traditional Catholicism on its ear.
Quoting GOBryan:

That's for each individual to decide. I thought it was rather open-minded and refreshing to hear him say that. The reality is that the bible is the views of ancient men in ancient times with ancient mindsets. I believe we've evolved since then and that much of the mindset was designed based on the writer's views for those times. 

I believe people get the views of the writers' confused with what God wants just because the writers insinuate that it's inspired by God. Let's face it, God is a muse.. not the writer. A muse can inspire someone to write, paint, draw, etc.. That's the job of a muse but in no way is it the muse responsible for what comes out of that inspiration.  People have seriously confused the writings in the Bible for being God's word when there is no validity to it other than the writer saying so. 

The church, over the years, have made some corrections without public consciousness such as correcting who Mary Madgalen actually was not back in the 60's, I believe.  

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I think he merely pointed out something that was directed by the bible. 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Do you think He was prompted?
Quoting stormcris:

I think he merely pointed out something that was directed by the bible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)