Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Their is something wrong with you if you think this is OK

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 19 Replies

MSNBC host says newborn infants don't count as 'alive' unless parents decide they do; infanticide is the new abortion

abortion

(NaturalNews) Today Natural News denounces Melissa Harris-Perry, the latest talking head "death worshipper" to publicly imply that she supports the murder of living, breathing newborn children. According to Harris-Perry, life begins when the parents feel like life begins. And together with some twisted new "ethics" arguments from the radical left, this can include months or years after a child is born.

That's why I need to premise this article with a disclaimer: This article is not about abortion. It's about the murder of children after they are born. Because once a child is born alive, terminating that life is no longer a "choice" … it's murder by every legal and moral standard. Because while abortion friends and foes can argue about when life begins in the womb, no one disagrees that a child born alive is, well, ALIVE… do they?

Indeed, they do. MSNBC talking head Melissa Harris-Perry insists that life only begins when the parents have a "feeling" that it begins. "When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling -- but not science," Harris-Perry said to nationwide astonishment on her July 21 MSNBC show.

Full Story... http://www.naturalnews.com/041398_post-birth_abortion_infanticide_Melissa_Harris-Perry.html#ixzz2aTyYAgVG

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a link to the actual segment?  I'm skeptical of the spin in your article and it's not unusual for prolife groups to take things out of context.  If I'm reading her actual statements correctly no statement was made about postnatal murder.    

Essentially she is saying that the concept of "life" can be quite subjective.  Where one parent may view "life" beginning at conception others may view it at viability.  

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Agreed! I need the entire thing..not bits and pieces

Quoting katy_kay08:

Do you have a link to the actual segment?  I'm skeptical of the spin in your article and it's not unusual for prolife groups to take things out of context.  If I'm reading her actual statements correctly no statement was made about postnatal murder.    

Essentially she is saying that the concept of "life" can be quite subjective.  Where one parent may view "life" beginning at conception others may view it at viability.  

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM
4 moms liked this
There's already a thread started about this, and of course she's not talking about infanticide. But nice try at being inflammatory. At least I'm going to go with you trying to be inflammatory over being incredibly stupid and believing the crap you've posted here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM
That's the greatest misinterpretation I've ever read.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
So if your daughter doesn't clean her room, you can just say ... Ah I don't think you're a person and then you can have a thirty-third trimester abortion?

No I vote, you misread the story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this

From the other post: 

Harris-Perry was trying to compare the birth of the royal baby to unwanted pregnancies of women in America, notes CNSNews.com.

“When a pregnancy is wanted by the mother, father, even the country, it is easy to think of the bump as a baby,” Harris-Perry said.

“But not every pregnancy is a fairy tale. There are other stories. An ultrasound reveals severe birth defects. A child is raped and becomes pregnant. Another baby would jeopardize a mother's ability to feed her living children. A woman decides she does not want a child at all. These are different pregnancies. They are reminders that an unwanted pregnancy can be biologically the same as a wanted one. But the experience can be entirely different."

“Eggs are fertilized. Embryos are implanted. Cells divide and multiply. Fetuses grow.  When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling, but not science,” claimed Harris-Perry.

--

That is certainly not a statement claiming that it's okay to kill children after they are born.  At some point some prolifers are going to have to move off the fringe because you are drowning in the deep end of your bias.  

lga1965
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

well, they twisted what she said to such an extent that I think Ms Harris-Perry should sue.

I have read many other of their Blogs here at CM and they're just so inappropriate and mistaken.

I aready saw what she said about emotional vs scientfic . It is nothing like this "Natural News" version. What a bunch of jerks they are at that site. Everything they Blog about there is bizarre and not even close to the truth.

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Wow, really? They're alive when they can live independently. That's at birth as far as I'm concerned. Only fuzzy time would be if they need artificial means to be kept alive outside the womb and I guess that is up to the discretion of the parents but even then the kid is a separate living, breathing, entity that has to make it on their own like all of us.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Melissa Harris-Perry must really be freaking someone out. So much twisting of her words- or just outright lying about them.

lga1965
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

From the other post: 

Harris-Perry was trying to compare the birth of the royal baby to unwanted pregnancies of women in America, notes CNSNews.com.

“When a pregnancy is wanted by the mother, father, even the country, it is easy to think of the bump as a baby,” Harris-Perry said.

“But not every pregnancy is a fairy tale. There are other stories. An ultrasound reveals severe birth defects. A child is raped and becomes pregnant. Another baby would jeopardize a mother's ability to feed her living children. A woman decides she does not want a child at all. These are different pregnancies. They are reminders that an unwanted pregnancy can be biologically the same as a wanted one. But the experience can be entirely different."

“Eggs are fertilized. Embryos are implanted. Cells divide and multiply. Fetuses grow.  When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling, but not science,” claimed Harris-Perry.

--

That is certainly not a statement claiming that it's okay to kill children after they are born.  At some point some prolifers are going to have to move off the fringe because you are drowning in the deep end of your bias.  

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN