Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharon Osbourne on Justin Bieber’s Bad Behavior: ‘He Doesn’t Realize He’s White And Not Black’

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

Sharon Osbourne slams Justin Bieber

Daytime talk show host and rocker wife Sharon Osbourne isn’t afraid to speak her mind. The Talk co-host recently gave a wide-ranging interview with The Daily Beast that offered the Brit’s take on her fellow celebs from Justin Timberlake (she idolizes him) and Kanye West (he’s talentless and average looking), to Tailor Swift (she’s brilliant) and Anthony Weiner (he’s an idiot). But it is her comments about Justin Bieber that have some crying foul.

When asked about the Bieb and his recent string of bad behavior (smoking weed, peeing in a mop bucket, spitting on his fans), Osbourne didn’t pull any punches:

I feel really bad for him. There’s this little kid with a huge dream, he’s cute, girls love him, and he wants to be a mean boy, and he’s about as mean as a f-ckin’ kitten, and he’s trying to act out. It’s like pissing in a bucket. It’s like, “Oh, we’re the bad boys!” F-ck off! You don’t know what bad is.

I was totally with her. But then Osbourne went completely off the reservation, muddying her valid critique of Bieber’s seemingly out of control behavior by inserting race.

And I think that he’s lost, I really do. I think he doesn’t realize he’s white and not black, that’s a huge problem. And, at the point he’s at in his career, it’s so dangerous because we’ve seen it all before a million times. Where do you go when you’re a child entertainer and then you want to transition to be a man? Very few make it.

*Thoughts? Is Sharon's comments on race valid?*

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Honestly, I dont give a crap.  I am mostly tired of everyone trying to make eveyone out into a racist.   Not every comment about race means that the one who said it is racist.  It is soooo old now.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I think I'd need her to clarify herself.  I'm not real sure what she's insinuating - that he's behaving bad because he doesn't realize he's not black?  Is she talking about his music?

I like Sharon, but this does not read very nicely at all.  Yeah, I'd have to say it looks a little racist.

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

hmm, I didn't ask if she was a racist...I asked was her point valid. This is why talking about race will never move beyond a certain point

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Honestly, I dont give a crap.  I am mostly tired of everyone trying to make eveyone out into a racist.   Not every comment about race means that the one who said it is racist.  It is soooo old now.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

lol

_ClearFruit_
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM
She must be bored.
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yea..and I like Sharon too..she's pretty funny

Quoting _ClearFruit_:

She must be bored.

prommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I took it to mean that because the majority of rap or hip hop artists are black men that he wants to copy them and he's not quite pulling it off.

Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Well she lost me at the Kanye west being talentless comment. He is a huge ass but has amazing lyrics. As far as the biebs he can sing his ass off but like Kanye he's an ass too. Now her comment about him thinking he's black I'm going to have to go look that up and see if anything else has been said.
canadianmom1974
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I think Sharon Osborne is an idiot. Without knowing what her point is, it's hard to say if it's valid or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
When she was asked to "clarify" she said she was comparing his actions to black rappers who have a reputation of being "bad guys that the girls wanna get with."

He's not a black rapper so his behavior doesn't fit his genre? I guess that's what she was saying... Eh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)