Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts?

I find hoarding especially those few in our society that hoard wealth to be immoral.

Its a problem that is getting to be very widespread.  Whether it be containers or cash do you think hoarding is healthy?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am talking about extremed not normal saving.  I "hoard" gifts all yr so as to have a good Christmas.  That is wise saving not hoarding,  Hoarding goes beyond what could ever be used.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting NWP:

You are discussing something complete different.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Oh my.  I don't call it hoarding, I call it saving for a rainy day.  My life may not always move so smoothly and I don't want to have to depend upon whatever the govt is doling out at the time.

Besides...it is MY responsiblity to provide for myself and my family.

AND..it is MY money, money I worked for, took risks for, focused on needs and not wants for...........what I choose to do with it really isn't anyone else's business.  If that makes me immoral okey dokey.  At least I am immoral with a plan.

The OP said "cash" in her post.  That is what I replied to.

furbabymum
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

If we want to shove the money we EARN into money market accounts and the stock market then I don't see what you can possibly have to bitch about. It was ours, never yours.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I think hoarding, including wealth, is a sign of illness-

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Euphoric:

I think hoarding in general is part of a mental disorder.

Yep-

SuperChicken
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, but if you have a purpose for the cash other than hugging it and squeezing it and calling it George, then it's not hoarding.    Hoarding and saving are not the same thing :)

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Oh my.  I don't call it hoarding, I call it saving for a rainy day.  My life may not always move so smoothly and I don't want to have to depend upon whatever the govt is doling out at the time.

AND..it is MY money, money I worked for, took risks for, focused on needs and not wants for...........what I choose to do with it really isn't anyone else's business.  If that makes me immoral okey dokey.  At least I am immoral with a plan.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Hoarding goes beyond saving.  Hoarders compulsively keep what they will never use, including wealth.  The mizers like king Midas exist, consumed by the desire for more money when they already have more than they will ever need.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yep

Quoting SuperChicken:

Yes, but if you have a purpose for the cash other than hugging it and squeezing it and calling it George, then it's not hoarding.    Hoarding and saving are not the same thing :)

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I don't think it's mentally healthy but I don't find it to be immoral.  

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM
There are folks who hoard cash. This is not the same as saving for a rainy day.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN