Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts?

I find hoarding especially those few in our society that hoard wealth to be immoral.

Its a problem that is getting to be very widespread.  Whether it be containers or cash do you think hoarding is healthy?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (91-100):
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting EireLass:

My Aunt & Uncle were like that with money. And my friends Uncle was like that. These are people that were alive in the Depression. I'm thinking perhaps that played a role in why they were like that. Morality had nothing to do with it. I don't think it's immoral. Why is it immoral?

What Sisteract said, putting it before the needs of people even their own children.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM
It could be depending on the person's motives. Some forms of hoarding are signs of mental illness.
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I think hoarders are mentally ill, at least the ones I've seen on TV.

What is a cash hoarder? Like a person that stuffs money into pillow cases, or just a person that saves money?
Redwall
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Hoarding your wealth....as in saving?  You think that's immoral?  My husband is responsible for our family.  He's saved and saved and saved.  I didn't work a day since my first son was born.  It's not been easy at all.  Why would this be immoral?  Maybe I just don't get the question?

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Redwall:

Hoarding your wealth....as in saving?  You think that's immoral?  My husband is responsible for our family.  He's saved and saved and saved.  I didn't work a day since my first son was born.  It's not been easy at all.  Why would this be immoral?  Maybe I just don't get the question?

That is not what has been discussed at all that is wise savings not hoarding.  Hoarding would be making good money and eating all your meals at the rescue mission because you wont buy food.

2Gs
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Yes, if it becomes an obsession.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Having a savings account and planning for a comfortable retirement I earned is immoral?

Mmmkay.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I think it can be unhealthy and a waste but it can also be beneficial. For instance when the really good coupons came out for mustard or the like I bought a big amount. For those who know the dollar is lower in value at the moment so when you buy when at a cost that is comparable to a higher dollar amount and do not have to when it rises it saves you money. This is true for all sorts of purchases. However, it is somewhat relative to use before spoiling and availability and rise in cost compared to current dollar value.

Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I wish saving money was an obsession for more people, then people wouldn't be in a crisis situation with every emergency.

Saving money is never immoral, its RESPONSIBLE.

How is saving YOUR OWN money immoral?  That makes zero sense, sorry.

Quoting 2Gs:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Having a savings account and planning for a comfortable retirement I earned is immoral?

Mmmkay.

2Gs
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You haven't met my brother or my grand mother. Some people focus on their savings and investments all. day. long. They know what the Dow Jones is at every moment of the day. They can't be in a room without some kind of business report on TV. They get significantly stressed out when the markets are hurting. My brother has saved so much money while his family suffered. He used to portion his kids meals so that the grocery bill would be less. (They were very very thin children.) Meanwhile he has over a million dollars in savings. He never wanted them in extra curricular activities because it cost too much. He was so pissed off when my SIL got pregnant with number 3 (because of what it would cost him) that he didn't hardly look at or hold the baby for the first 6 months of her life.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

I wish saving money was an obsession for more people, then people wouldn't be in a crisis situation with every emergency.

Saving money is never immoral, its RESPONSIBLE.

How is saving YOUR OWN money immoral?  That makes zero sense, sorry.

Quoting 2Gs:

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Mmmkay.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hoarding wealth is obviously immoral.

Hoarding trash and junk is definitely a sign of poor mental and spiritual health.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)