Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About Walmart.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 144 Replies
How many of you(and don't lie) shop at Walmart for the lower price? I avoid carrying what Walmart carries unless I can import it myself (we do our own importing, so Walmart can not compete with me on number of things, because i dont have millions of employees) Most small small businesses are at the mercy of others who import, so they can't compete with Walmart prices. Walmart can only give the people they what (cheap prices) by importing. America can not compete on the global stage for manufacturing because we demard higher wages than the rest of the world, to make the same product.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Pardon my typos Mobil and in a hurry
lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I honesly do not shop at Walmart. I'll even go out of my way and pay more to not go there.
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My oldest son used to work at a Walmart.His experiance was not exactly like some others.First of all his starting pay as a clerk was more than most others pay.I honestly do not know of any Walmart employees even making just minimum wage..they at least make a bit higher.I am not a big advocate for them or any other chain that sells China crap but honestly that is what I can afford.Which is where most Americans are these days.The one thing my family does buy on a somewhat regular basis that is made here is Harley Davidson products.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM
So do I when the option is available. Which most of the time it is, but many can not or will not.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I honesly do not shop at Walmart. I'll even go out of my way and pay more to not go there.
romalove
by Roma on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate Walmart.  I live walking distance to a Target, and we have a Kohls in town.  I don't shop Walmart.

We are getting one in town, I think by next year.  My husband is furious and we are not allowed to shop there.  No problem for me, I hate it anyway.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That is exactly right.For me if I could afford only made in the USA products I absolutely would choose them.

Quoting Carpy:

So do I when the option is available. Which most of the time it is, but many can not or will not.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I shop at Walmart. I don't know why anyone would lie about it. Seems like a silly thing to lie about when the reason Walmart is still open is because it serves a purpose and people shop there, in spite of its shady business practices.
SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I don't shop at walmart. My mother and daughter almost live there. I pay more at the grocery store or lowes, etc. For me it is worth the extra $ to not have to enter that wretched store.

frillyflower
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I hate Walmart and I only shop there if it is absolutely necessary (like if I cannot find it somewhere else). I will typically just shop at Target which is across the street from Walmart here in my city.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Yep.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)