Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

15-Year-Old Texas Female Inmate Has Video Evidence of Jailer Raping Her

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 208 Replies

Caught: 15-Year-Old Texas Female Inmate Has Video Evidence of Jailer Raping Her

Jailer groomed her with candy and presents, left his post nightly, raped victim during her two-month incarceration, parents say.

Photo Credit: Konstantin Yolshin/Shutterstock.com

A former Harris County jailer must face claims that his rape of a 15-year-old detainee was caught on videotape, a federal judge ruled. 
     In a November 2012  complaint on behalf of their daughter M.S.H., Michelle and Danny Hall sued Harris County; the executive director of its juvenile probation department, Thomas Brooks; and former correctional officer Robert Robinson. 
     The couple said Robinson took a special interest in M.S.H. during her two-month detainment in downtown Houston's Harris County Juvenile Justice Center. 
     Robinson, then 28, was assigned to the jail's boys unit but visited M.S.H. in the girls unit up to three times a week, according to the complaint. 
     "The grooming of M.S.H. began with Robinson's visits in which he gave M.S.H. food and candy," the complaint states. "His visits quickly escalated with quid pro quo requests that exchanged gifts for genital fondling and touching." 
     The Halls said that the lack of rules at Harris County juvenile jail allowed Robinson to have unfettered access to their daughter. 
     "On or about May 23, 2012, on the eve of M.S.H.'s transfer, Robinson's harassment culminated into the rape of a minor," the complaint states. "Robinson, aware of M.S.H.'s pending transfer, told her that he would visit her the night before she was to leave. 
     "As per the usual and customary practice of the facility, Robinson was allowed to abandon his post on the 5th floor of the boys' unit and enter the girls' unit undisturbed. He was allowed to enter M.S.H.'s room, with the lights out, and rape her. Unknown to Robinson, the rape was captured on video." 
     The Halls seek $2 million damages for civil rights violations, assault and battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. 
     Harris County moved to dismiss the civil rights claims against Brooks and Robinson as duplicative. 
     The county claimed that the state-law claims against Robinson and Brooks also fail since the Texas Tort Claims Act mandates dismissal of employees from a suit when claims are brought against both a governmental entity and its workers. 
     Though U.S. District Judge Ewing Werlein Jr. agreed as to the claims against Brooks, the judge found that the Halls had sued Robinson in his individual capacity. 
     Any claims against the officer in his official capacity must otherwise be dismissed, according to the ruling. 
     "Plaintiffs assert that the Section 1983 claims against Robinson are brought in his individual capacity," Werlein wrote. "As Section 1983 does not preclude a plaintiff from bringing an action against a governmental official in his individual capacity, these claims survive." 
     In a footnote, Werlein noted a claim from the first amended complaint that Robinson has confessed to the rape and is on out on bail awaiting trial on sexual assault charges. 
     The claims against Brooks failed since they were brought against him in his official capacity, according to the ruling. 

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/15-year-old-girl-has-video-jailer-raping-her

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM

While this kinda sounds like she prostituted herself out in there for stuff. They should have kept him strictly in the mens unit and women in the womens unit. But also in my opinion doesn't sound like these peoples daughter was a saint either maybe they should have done their job better and she would not have been in confinement.

jllcali
by Jane on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:50 AM
8 moms liked this
WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

While this kinda sounds like she prostituted herself out in there for stuff. They should have kept him strictly in the mens unit and women in the womens unit. But also in my opinion doesn't sound like these peoples daughter was a saint either maybe they should have done their job better and she would not have been in confinement.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Reading the article it sounds like she was letting him do this or that for a candy bar and such. AKA prostituting  

I still think the place is needing a swift kick in the ass don't get me wrong.

But if her parents better raised her she would not have been locked up in the first place to be attacked. 

There is a lot of messed up in this article

Quoting jllcali:

WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

jllcali
by Jane on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM
16 moms liked this
Way to victim blame.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Reading the article it sounds like she was letting him do this or that for a candy bar and such. AKA prostituting  

But if her parents better raised her she would not have been locked up in the first place to be attacked. 

Quoting jllcali:

WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:05 AM
7 moms liked this

gosh that was horrid glitter....my cousins raised their kids to the utmost best of their ability.. and their son ended up in jail for minor graffiti offences.

If he was raped (and he very well could of been) it would have NOT been his or his parents fault.  If he accepted something sunny in exchange for the darkness...it is NOT prostituting.

simple frown

Quoting glitterteaz:

Reading the article it sounds .like she was letting him do this or that for a candy bar and such. AKA prostituting  

Quoting jllcali:

WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

okay so you think the article didn't imply that? REally? Cause it sure implied that was going on.  Not all 15yo are sweet innocent things. Sounds according to the article she was playing along to get things.  The parents are the ones suing and there is nothing stated from the "victim" for all we know the sex act was concentual this is not made clear. However the scum bag did take advantage of his position and her age.  There is a lot missing to the story and in no place did I say this man was innocent at all. It does not state anything about the girl saying NO or anything. I am sorry but I had concentual sex with a older guy and my parents tried to press charges and got no where cause I flat out said I concented. Which could be the case here. There is not enough in the article other than fucked up handling of prisoner/Jailor controls  and she accepted gifts for touchy feelies all caght on tape

Quoting jllcali:

Way to victim blame.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting jllcali:

WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:17 AM
4 moms liked this
He may have been assigned to the boys unit, but they do not keep men out of the female units and women out of the men's units. I agree they should, but they don't. My dh is a CO at a sex offender yard and they have quite a few female CO's on the yard. It makes me shudder knowing these women are working with known rapists and murderers etc.

And obviously she isn't a saint, she's a detainee. But there is no such thing as consensual sex in prison. And regardless, she's a minor, and he took advantage of her whether or not she was willing. It's wrong period what happened!

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Apparently I am explaining shit in greek tonight. 

Her parents did not raise a saint. She was in jail. Not a little sweet innocent thing.

Most girls if virginal and basically innocent would not be trading touches for candy.

My point is on tape or not unless there is audio she could have been seeking the attention and concenting to sex.

The guard was way out of line in any case. The Jail system should be sued to the max. 

But the story seems to suggest that this was not so much a rape than just parents having video proof their kid had sex in jail.  Now granted I am going off this article. It doesn't mention her being savagely attacked in the jail... 

Fuck it I am stopping explaining I am not making myself clear on these pain meds but I am basically saying this story has serious holes in it.

Quoting turtle68:

gosh that was horrid glitter....my cousins raised their kids to the utmost best of their ability.. and their son ended up in jail for minor graffiti offences.

If he was raped (and he very well could of been) it would have NOT been his or his parents fault.  If he accepted something sunny in exchange for the darkness...it is NOT prostituting.

simple frown

Quoting glitterteaz:

Reading the article it sounds .like she was letting him do this or that for a candy bar and such. AKA prostituting  

Quoting jllcali:

WTF?

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I believe I said that myself I just do not like the term rape used unless it is in fact non concentual which would be more brutal than concentual.

Quoting Mipsy:

He may have been assigned to the boys unit, but they do not keep men out of the female units and women out of the men's units. I agree they should, but they don't. My dh is a CO at a sex offender yard and they have quite a few female CO's on the yard. It makes me shudder knowing these women are working with known rapists and murderers etc.

And obviously she isn't a saint, she's a detainee. But there is no such thing as consensual sex in prison. And regardless, she's a minor, and he took advantage of her whether or not she was willing. It's wrong period what happened!

Quoting glitterteaz:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM
16 moms liked this

All rape is brutal. Every single time. One does not have to say "no" or even fight for it to be considered rape or not brutal. 

And mipsy is right. If a CO has sex with a prisoner it's automatically considered rape because of the power structure. She's also 15. 

I don't care what she did. I don't care if she killed someone. The vast majority of people walking around are not saints. My kid is 10 and even he isn't a saint. I don't care what she did or how "innocent" or "virginal" (that one made me throw up a bit) she was or wasn't. The way I read it he groomed her. Like hey little girl, I'll give you pretty things if you fuck me. That's how I saw it. And she, being 15 and in prison, I don't know where her mentality was. But the man is a fucking monster and should be put into prison himself now. I don't care if she was naked and standing on her head and begging him to screw her brains out. He was the adult and in a position of enormous power over her. He had the responsibility to tell her to get off her head and put her clothing on. In absolutely no way is she at fault for it. He was the adult. He was in a position of power over her. She's 15. That's called rape. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

I believe I said that myself I just do not like the term rape used unless it is in fact non concentual which would be more brutal than concentual.

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting glitterteaz:

While this kinda sounds like she prostituted herself out in there for stuff. They should have kept him strictly in the mens unit and women in the womens unit. But also in my opinion doesn't sound like these peoples daughter was a saint either maybe they should have done their job better and she would not have been in confinement

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)