Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now, you don't have to say WHERE you live, I'm just curious what it looks like where everyone is at. Also, I want to brag a little, so there.

Here's my morning photos from today's walk- 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
DYNARAH
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Walking around my neighborhood.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Raintree:

That building is super cool. When we travel, my husband tends to take a lot of kid pictures and I do a lot of bugs/trees/flowers and buildings, haha.. I love the buildings best.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I don't know that I have many pix of the town I live in.  Lets see...........

This is the lake in our town, the lake the town is named after.  It was believed that, at one point in time, the lake provided medicinal values.  

A very old photo of the state mental hospital up on the hill.  Only room for the criminally insane.

Below is a historical, very old home, that is less than a block from my house.  Interesting history to it.  They are restoring it at this time.

Yes!  I looooove old buildings.  Or most buildings, rather.  I am the one taking the photos of the buildings.  lol 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

There's probably pros and cons about both:)

We have a few larger lakes around here that we're planning on taking the kids to swim in.

Quoting my4kids274:

Hey nothing wrong with a pool.  I honestly get tired of all the sand in the car.  I have to give the car a good vacuuming at the end of summer.  lol... 

Quoting Raintree:

Cool! My kids have had to learn to swim in pools. Blah.

Quoting my4kids274:

Kids enjoying time at the nearby beach while at our beach house.

The jelly fish were invading that night.

Sunset at the beach.

We live in Annapolis.

Inside of one of the many buildings at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.

katy_kay08
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

oh I'm missing home.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My daughter took this photo while out hunting last year.

Dowtown.  Not too far from us.

A beautiful park in town.

A view of downtown

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This is such a cool thread!  Great idea, OP.

Now, of course, I want to walk around town taking photos. lol  Not today, however, rain, rain and more rain.

So love seeing the photos every one has posted.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

oh I'm missing home.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My daughter took this photo while out hunting last year.

Dowtown.  Not too far from us.

A beautiful park in town.

A view of downtown

Head over this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pix of your town.  I so loved it!  

my4kids274
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I honestly myself would love to live in the mountains on acres of land with my own lake or river flowing through the property.  The sad part about around here is that we are in such close proximity to Washington DC and Baltimore that traffic is horrible and it is a nightmare and everything is so fast moving here.  I love escaping to the beach in Delaware.  It is so much slower and more relaxed there by comparison to Maryland. 

Quoting Raintree:

There's probably pros and cons about both:)

We have a few larger lakes around here that we're planning on taking the kids to swim in.

Quoting my4kids274:

Hey nothing wrong with a pool.  I honestly get tired of all the sand in the car.  I have to give the car a good vacuuming at the end of summer.  lol... 

Quoting Raintree:

Cool! My kids have had to learn to swim in pools. Blah.

Quoting my4kids274:

Kids enjoying time at the nearby beach while at our beach house.

The jelly fish were invading that night.

Sunset at the beach.

We live in Annapolis.

Inside of one of the many buildings at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

This is were I live in my mind..Kindly please leave me to my delusions!!!! 50 Points to the House who figures out were I live *snickers*

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I grew up in Colorado- about an hours drive from Rocky Mountain National Park, and we were up there nearly every weekend from spring-fall- sometimes in the winter, too- our church has a ranch up near there. So we hiked and hiked and hiked. I really think that kids need a lot of that- and adults, too.

We even ice skated on the Beaver Ponds up there. It was epic, haha..

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Me too!!! A couple weeks ago we had an awesome three mile hike through old growth redwood. It was amazing and I want to go back immediately.

Quoting Raintree:

We just visited a little nature/trail center thing last week and it was quite pretty- I like the 'wild' places best:)

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

This is up a trail in the park about two minutes from my house.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

The college we live near has hammocks in the trees by the old  chapel- the kids go up the hill and hang out there, haha.. It's terrific. 

I used to have a pool. I don't have one anymore:( 

Quoting armywifey1983:

Here's a semi-panoramic view of the back yard. Things have changed slightly since last year (the dates in the pictures are wrong). The shed is gone, and some of the evergreen bushes are also gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured