Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Since when does water go up all by itself? Proof evolution is incorrect.

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

To Bill Nye The Science Guy

I was watching CBS this morning and saw Bill Nye say that we shouldn't teach kids creation but teach them evolution.

Evolution is wrong and there is proof of this. Don't believe me??

Ever seen snow under a microscope?? Every snowflake is different no two are like. With Zebra's each has a different stripe pattern no two are alike. Ever seen the designs of butterflies?? No two are alike. No two human beings are alike. Oh sure we have twins and triplets and so forth but still each human being is unique. No one will ever think exactly like you, feel exactly like you, experience things the exact way you do, see things the exact way you do, perceive things the exact way you do,  think like you do, laugh like you, sing like you, dance like you, walk like you, talk like you, learn like you and so much more. Your telling me all that is just an accident?? That all that just happened to be that way?? Do you not see how ridiculous that is??

Take the tree if something harms it the tree can heal itself. When it rains the water in the ground goes up in the tree. Since when does water go up all by itself??

Still sure that evolution is true?? How can you be so sure?? After all scientists have been wrong before. There was a time when scientists thought and believed that we lived on the back of a giant turtle and that when the earth moved the turtle moved, that scientists were convinced the earth was flat, when scientists believed that the atom was the smallest thing until they opened up and discovered smaller things. Are you so arrogant and stubborn to not think that maybe just maybe evolution is wrong??

Still not convinced?? Birds prove that natural selection is wrong and so do many other animals and insects. If a bird wing evolved then at first it would have been to small to fly with and would have had no use. So why would the bird go any further and then fly?? Why would the bird continue for millions of generations improving a wing that's useless?? Not like birds can see into the future or reason like we can that maybe someday it maybe useful.

(for more of this glorious rant, see LINK)

{edited to add: before being nasty about the writer, as opposed to the arguments themselves, see note here (page 5 of this thread).  Thanks Roma.}

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Seems science can prove more than a book about a fictitious "being" that allows death, famine, violence, etc.

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
10 moms liked this

Capillary action..... just taught it to my 4th graders this week.

JanetMonroe1991
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Another day...another rant....another retard. 

lga1965
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Alrighty then......

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Oh dear, lol.

LongBeachLiz
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
That was the first thing I said in my head lol.

It isn't an accident. Evolution picked the strongest and their genes are what are being expressed today. If you can adapt you move on. If you can't you die and so does your genes.

Quoting desertlvn:

marmie41
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Wow your school district is already in session? Or do you home school?

Quoting desertlvn:

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

lol

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I work at a modified year round school. We have 2 wks off in the Fall, Winter, and Spring. Then our summer is 8 weeks long. We've been in session for 2 weeks.

Quoting marmie41:

Wow your school district is already in session? Or do you home school?

Quoting desertlvn:

romalove
by Roma on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I went to the link.

The blogger states that they have PDD-NOS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)