Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Another current event

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Winfred Davis

August 02, 2013 4:41 pm  â€¢  

CLINTON â€” Winfred Joseph Davis, 29, of Clinton, died from injuries he suffered in an industrial accident on Aug. 1, 2013, in Mount Vernon, Iowa. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 6, at the Church of the Open Door in Clinton. Pastor Nathaniel Johnson will be officiating. A visitation will occur one hour prior to the funeral service on Tuesday and from 4 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 5, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Springdale Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.

Winfred was born June 12, 1984, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Victoria Houston and Winfred T. Davis. He attended Clinton High School.

Winfred recently worked for Arndt Enterprises in DeWitt, Iowa, as an industrial coater. He also worked at the Guardian Plant in DeWitt and at ADM for BE&K Contractors.

Winfred was an all-around sportsman (he loved track and swimming); he enjoyed music and traveling with his job. He loved spending time with family and friends and above all loved his two children with all of his heart. He was a loving and kind man who will be sadly missed by all of his family and his many friends.

Winfred is survived by his mother, Victoria, of Davenport; his father, Winfred Davis, of Marion, Iowa; daughter, Mariya, and son, Mahki, at home; his loving companion, Jessica Stoddard of Clinton; sister, Malaika Houston of Clinton; brother, Anthony Davis of Clinton; two nieces, Melody and Mia, at home; his grandmother, Mary Terronez of Rock Falls, Ill..; aunt, Carol (Dr. Arthur) Mardis of Keokuk, Iowa.; seven uncles, Wallace Davis of Clinton, Gary (Teresa) Davis of Camanche, Iowa, Michael Davis of Clinton, Charles Davis of Chicago, Bobby Davis of Davenport, Joseph (Debbie) Terronez of Moline, and Victor (Chris) Terronez of Sterling, Ill.; many cousins and many friends.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Reubena and Wallace Sr. Davis; uncle, Joseph Davis; grandfather, Manuel Terronez; uncles, Tom and Jerry Terronez; and aunt, Susan Terronez.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the family.

A trust fund will be established for his children's education.

Online condolences may be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.

---------------------------

Several people I know saw this happen last week. There was a multi-church memorial last night for this young man. 

Basically, he was on the crew that was fixing the water tower- and although he was in a harness, something went wrong and he fell from the top of the water tower into the park below.

We always hear about how the police and firemen, etc. risk their lives everyday for the rest of us- but so do the folks who work on our infrastructure. About 17% of work-related fatalities are in the construction fields- and the most common cause is falls, according to OSHA.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

RIP Winfred Davis-

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM

RIP

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

His facebook page is heartbreaking. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

:( RIP Winfred. 

punky3175
by Punky on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
RIP.
prommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM

So sad. Rest in Peace.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

poor guy..RIP

katy_kay08
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I feel very sad for his family.  My husband works construction and there are definitely days I pray angels around him.  We have had a few close calls and it's just the reality of the job.  

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM

RIP 

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

:(  RIP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)