Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lawyer, Files International Lawsuit On Behalf Of Jesus

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 27 Replies

Dola Indidis, Kenyan Lawyer, Files International Lawsuit On Behalf Of Jesus

article image

It is not uncommon for lawsuits on behalf of long lost victims to be filed, but one Kenyan lawyer is taking up the case of a man who was allegedly murdered almost 2000 years ago: Jesus Christ.

Dola Indidis recently filed a lawsuit with the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at the Hauge with hopes of overturning Jesus’ conviction and death sentence. The targets of his case are “the Roman Emperor Tiberius, the Roman King Herod, the Judean Governor Pontius Pilate, as well as the Jewish chief priest, elders and teachers of the law,” according to Time, which also reports Indidis intends to go after Italy and Israel, claiming they inherited the laws from the ancient ancestors.

“I filed the case because it’s my duty to uphold the dignity of Jesus and I have gone to the ICJ to seek justice for the man from Nazareth,” Indidis told The Nairobian. “His selective and malicious prosecution violated his human rights through judicial misconduct, abuse of office bias and prejudice.”

Unfortunately for Indidis, the case as a matter of legal procedure will likely fail since the ICJ can only rule on cases brought by one state against another. Since Indidis is representing an individual, the court lacks the necessary jurisdiction to rule.

Anthea Roberts, a professor at Columbia Law School, explained to Time:

When it comes to contentious cases, the International Court of Justice only has jurisdiction to hear claims that are brought by one state against another state. As this claim is not brought by a state, the ICJ would lack jurisdiction over it. Even if the claim were to be brought by a state, it also needs to be brought against a state, which does not seem to be the case here. And, even then, the two states will need to have consented to the ICJ having jurisdiction to hear the type of case in question … In this case, it is not clear what international law might have been violated and, even if there was such a violation, it is not clear that the relevant states have consented to the ICJ having jurisdiction over the dispute.

Sources: Time, The Jerusalem Post

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Publicity stunt.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't help but think about when Peter went to protect Jesus and Jesus replied with "Get behind me Satan."  I don't claim to speak for Jesus, but based on those actions, I don't think he would want this to happen.  

SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Way to go, dude. Try and make a buck off this. Let's see how that works out for you. 

SpiritFortress
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

There is no good evidence that the individual this man wants to represent existed. The bible, which is chock-full of myth, legend, and deliberate propagandist distortion of the record is not sufficient evidence. He should save himself from embarrassment and slink away quietly. 

enlightened_24
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Must be a slow day...

Aslen
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this

So, if he wins, does that mean jesus DIDN'T die for our sins?

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well, that's...special...

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hmmm, what about the two other men that died with Jesus that day?

Also, if Jesus's death sentence is overturned does the fact, He overcame death and was risen; means His resurrection was all for not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me get this straight. He wants to sue because prophecy from God came to pass? He wants to sue because God sent His Son to die on the cross for us? Is this guy anti-Jesus????

What about the scripture about suing?

Someone has way to much time and not enough revelation on his hands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)