Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2 More Women Internally Probed On Public Road By Texas Troopers (Video) Trigger Warning

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 43 Replies

What amazes me about this story, is not only is this an illegal, sexually-violating police search, but it happened on a public road, for anyone driving by to see. These two women were pulled over, for allegedly throwing a cigarette out of the car window. They were given full body internal searches.

Gloves were not changed between anal and vaginal probes, nor were they changed between women.

Under Texas law, this is considered  sexual assaults/rape.

Texas Penal Code Sec. 22.011. SEXUAL ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person: (1) intentionally or knowingly: (A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person's consent;

And after all of that - no ticket was issued. The incident happened last December and the women are now filing suit.

This is not the first time a search like this has taken place, reported, or become news. Here is the video of another incident where two women are searched and internally probed on the side of the road. One woman yells in pain as the female trooper shoved  her hand inside the woman. In this 'search' the troopers did not bother to check the women's socks/shoes.

In both videos, you will hear two of the women 'half-laughing/giggling' a bit during the probes. I think most of us realize these women do not find this funny - and those are natural nervous reactions to the humiliation and shock they were experiencing. I admire them for coming forward with their stories.

It's hard to wrap my brain around what is happening in Texas, and specifically to women.This is not to say such things do not happen around the country, they do. But Texas is being especially exposed, and with more women coming forward to report violations, there is a chance for change. I am grateful to people courageous enough to stand up to the law when wronged, as well as to social media for circulating these videos causing some to go viral. Public outrage and protests help to create new laws.

For Full StoryDaily News
(Diary Cross-Posted On Liberals Unite)

For those unable to view video, here are two screenshots:

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM

BUMP!

kisha89
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Wow that's so messed up!! :(
LiliM
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
3 moms liked this
For this, I'd sue the living daylights out of this police department.

That was disgusting. The officer was rooting around in the undergarments of these women.

And the initial officer was an asshole.

Way beyond the scope of what they should be able to do with no arrest and one man's decision that what he smelled was pot.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Gotta love Texas.

I would never submit to such a search.  Haul me in and attempt to book me, please.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Gotta love Texas.

I would never submit to such a search.  Haul me in and attempt to book me, please.

Although here a strip search is incredibly invasive and we dont do what happens in Texas (does anywhere?!)  

If you dont cooperate....under law, you can be internally searched.  Police can be and are arseholes ...just because you said no.

thea11101981
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Sure, do the full body search and I will sue
smurfbitebug
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
This frightens me a little bit.
Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 5:29 AM
2 moms liked this
This is very scary. The search of the two black girls happened in my county. Everyone around knows that my county unfortunately is usually run by the good ol boy system. Three weeks ago, my best friends and I went to a city by the border for a church thing. On the way back, in the county connected to mine, in a similar country like small town, we were pulled over. One of my friends is undocumented. We're four young Mexican girls alone in a car. I didn't show it, but I was freaked. I knew how vulnerable we were. He just gave us a ticket. She was speeding. I was nervous of being violated, or if they found out my friend was undocumented, what we might be asked to do to let her go. Ugh!!
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 5:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Why are there people who think; "women really love using their pussy as purses"

"Yeah, I just going over a friend's house for a bit, wonder where I should carry my dime bag; let's see, I have pockets, a purse, or my vagina, I'll choose my pussy."

I see if you're going to the airport or such; but, just down the street --- I don't think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

That's disgusting. perverts!

off topic: What does "trigger" mean? I have seen that word used in other groups too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN