Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Woman opens fire on group of robbers at Denny's

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 49 Replies

Woman opens fire on group of robbers at Denny's

Police say the group of suspects fled the scene with stolen jewelry

HOUSTON -

A woman opened fire on a group of robbers at a local Denny's restaurant.

At around 4 a.m. Thursday, a man who does not want to be identified, said his brother was robbed by six men with guns at a Denny's off the Gulf Freeway in southeast Houston.

"I don't know if it was random or someone set him up. Because he got his own label," said the victim's brother.

"She said she came out of the restroom and saw my brother on the floor. That's when she started doing what she gotta do. She got a license and she'll do anything to protect her kids and my brother," he said.

Police said there was a shootout, but it is not known how many shots were fired at the time. However, police said the gunshots did hit cars in the parking lot.

No bystanders or customers were injured.

The group of suspects fled the scene.

The married couple said they are still shook up, but their family said they're glad they made it out alive.

"Self-defense saved my brother's life," he said.

According to police, the robbers got away with jewelry.

If you have any information that could lead to an arrest call Crime Stoppers at (713)-222-TIPS.

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilangilyn
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Without the gun play, they just still would have run away with a bunch of jewelry. The woman is stupid IMO and could have hurt innocent people. She escalated what was going on.

candlegal
by Judy on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM
3 moms liked this
good for her
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
6 moms liked this

Losing my pocketbook in a robbery is not worth shooting or killing anyone over.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

She better count her lucky stars this happened at 4am and she did not hurt any one who just happened to be there, or otherwise.

Bet she thinks she is a badass.

Seems her shooting at them didn't stop them from getting away with the goods.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I am all about self defense, but I really think firing the gun was a little over board

ExecutiveChick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

The highlighted statement is a nice theory but the reality is that many of these situations end in violence against the victim and there is really know way to know if they would have just "run away with a bunch of jewelry". One would hope, maybe even pray that this would be the case but would you bet your husband/father of your children or even your life on the "Armed Criminals" being logical and compassionate?

I wouldn't

Quoting lilangilyn:

Without the gun play, they just still would have run away with a bunch of jewelry. The woman is stupid IMO and could have hurt innocent people. She escalated what was going on.

ExecutiveChick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Armed robbers - no idea about their handgun training

Armed bystander with concealed carry permit (per the article) = Highly trained and licensed to carry a weapon.

I would always like to know that a licensed and trained firearm owner is present when "The Sh** goes down" I'll trust them with my life over an "Armed Criminal" every time.

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM

That is a bloody freekin' joke.  CCW "training" is by far not = to highly trained.

Where in the article does it mention she hit who she targeted?  Or was she aiming at cars in the parking lot?

TWO HOURS = "highly trained"?  BS.

Quote:  http://www.shootersjax.com/concealed_weapons_class.php

Every Saturday at 10:00am. Be here 9:00-9:30 am the day of the class to get registered. Classes are first come first serve. No pre-registration is available.

Cost for the class is $50.00 per person, and is payable Visa, MasterCard, Check, or Cash. Spouses, friends, or guest may not sit in unless they pay. No Children permitted.

You need to bring a Drivers License, and payment. Do not bring any firearms or ammo. We will supply everything needed.

Class is conducted by a certified instructor and will include all information on Basic Firearm Safety, Principles of Marksmanship, Malfunctions with ammunition, a broad overview of the laws of Florida. Approximate running time is 2 hours.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Armed bystander with concealed carry permit (per the article) = Highly trained and licensed to carry a weapon.

I would always like to know that a licensed and trained firearm owner is present when "The Sh** goes down" I'll trust them with my life over an "Armed Criminal" every time.

ExecutiveChick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM

This happened in Texas. Here is a link to the CHL Requirements and laws where this happened and where I happen to live. You are required to know these laws, have Range Hours and instruction and you are required to re certify every couple years.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf

Quoting Della529:

That is a bloody freekin' joke.  CCW "training" is by far not = to highly trained.

Where in the article does it mention she hit who she targeted?  Or was she aiming at cars in the parking lot?

TWO HOURS = "highly trained"?  BS.

Quote:  http://www.shootersjax.com/concealed_weapons_class.php

Every Saturday at 10:00am. Be here 9:00-9:30 am the day of the class to get registered. Classes are first come first serve. No pre-registration is available.

Cost for the class is $50.00 per person, and is payable Visa, MasterCard, Check, or Cash. Spouses, friends, or guest may not sit in unless they pay. No Children permitted.

You need to bring a Drivers License, and payment. Do not bring any firearms or ammo. We will supply everything needed.

Class is conducted by a certified instructor and will include all information on Basic Firearm Safety, Principles of Marksmanship, Malfunctions with ammunition, a broad overview of the laws of Florida. Approximate running time is 2 hours.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad she didn't hurt anyone by opening fire in a public place. I'm not impressed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)