Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Homosexual activist goes after pro-family group, wants donor list public

Posted by   + Show Post

A homosexual activist is attempting to weaken the National Organization for Marriage and eat away at its donor list. 

Chris Plante, regional director for NOM, describes Fred Karger as "a serial, frivolous case filer" who travelled from California to Iowa to file a campaign finance complaint against the organization.

“This same gentleman, an openly gay activist who fancies himself president of the United States one day, has filed similar complaints in Maine and California,” Plante says. “And at no time has NOM been found guilty of any wrongdoing.”

Plante, Chris (NOM-RI)So Plante considers the complaint harassment or, as he puts it, “a witchhunt.”

“It's an effort to silence people who would stand for marriage in the public square,” says Plante, “who would criticize and critique our politicians and judges who redefine marriage against the will of the people.

The complaint stems from NOM's successful work to oust three activist Iowa Supreme Court justices who legalized homosexual marriage from the bench.

“I spoke with the gentleman who filed the complaint and he was quite honest,” Plante tells OneNewsNow. “He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. And he knows that by forcing NOM to reveal donors, which we do not have to do under the law, will certainly scare people from donating.”

The complaint was made to the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board. The executive director and lead counsel for the board was the clerk for one of the unseated judges, and Plante says they are seeking her removal for her very vocal prejudice against the National Organization for Marriage. 

Source
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting momtoscott:

LOL at anyone characterizing this group as "pro family."  

Of course you will say this. You resent anyone who does not support gay marriage, homosexual acts because they embrace their Christian faith & the moral teachings of Jesus~

Jesus would support all families just he supported whores, tax men, and lepers. He wasn't obsessed with other peoples sex lives, he was more concerned with the quality of their character.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

There is nothing 'pro family' about this group... 

oddly enough, I can't bring myself to care.

Now, if the person in question were trying to make it to where heterosexuals couldnt marry, then i would care. 

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

My problem simply is the group has supported countries were killing of Gays and Lesbians is often encouraged and acceptable.. SO for me anyone who supports this group is OK with the death of gays and Lesbians and by giving money to this group your (general your) paying to have these people killed.

While I fully understand once you give money (or in this case blood money) you feel you have washed your hands of it and what these groups do with their money behind closed doors is their business I personally wouldn't and couldn't give money knowing that even a small portion of it is going to the support of killing anyone.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

If I were donating to a cause, I would think twice about the honorable intentions of that cause, if I felt I had to donate anonymously

candlegal
by Judy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

So is the U.S.giving money to these same countries?

Quoting SilverSterling:

My problem simply is the group has supported countries were killing of Gays and Lesbians is often encouraged and acceptable.. SO for me anyone who supports this group is OK with the death of gays and Lesbians and by giving money to this group your (general your) paying to have these people killed.

While I fully understand once you give money (or in this case blood money) you feel you have washed your hands of it and what these groups do with their money behind closed doors is their business I personally wouldn't and couldn't give money knowing that even a small portion of it is going to the support of killing anyone.

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Della529:

What the Media Say

NY Daily News:NOM is "a shadowy group run by religious fundamentalists is bankrolling a pitched crusade against same-sex marriage in New York." (June 12, 2011)

Wall Street Journal(conservative columnist James Taranto): "If the National Organization for Marriage were a commercial enterprise, its "Let the People Vote" campaign would be a case of deceptive advertising." (July 26, 2011)

The Washington Independent: “Per NOM’s numbers, just two individuals contributed more than $6 million to the organization’s political arm – accounting for about two-thirds of NOM’s 2010 revenue, while single donations below $5,000 covered only 8 percent of reported revenue.” (December 12, 2011)

Huffington Post Politics:"NOM has not just attempted to roll back disclosure laws in the states, it has also purposefully failed to disclose the identities of its donors, often times in violation of the law, triggering state-level investigations, court cases and appeals cases." (August 24, 2011)

Talking Points Memo: "The anti-gay group National Organization for Marriage was caught trying to pass off a picture of a rally for President Obama as that of an anti-gay marriage rally." (October 25, 2011)

Washington Post:"According to the complaint [filed by the Human Rights Campaign], the Ruth Institute is listed as a project of NOM's Education Fund, which is incorporated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit group… Donations to such charities are tax-deductible, but the groups are prohibited from participating in political campaigns. NOM has spent more than $200,000 in an attempt to unseat Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), but the Ruth Institute is supposed to steer clear of those efforts." (October 13, 2010)

Hometown Annapolis: "Say you're an interest group that wants to make it seem as if the public is on your side.Just commission a poll, ask the questions a certain way and voilà! You have the poll result you wanted. That's what an anti-gay-marriage group [NOM] has just done."

Sorry Della, the liberal media is extremely bias in their reporting. I take much of what they say with a grain of salt. You bash Conservatives & Christians when they post articles to support personal beliefs & the causes they embrace. Research a powerful tool when you compare & analyze various points of view to seek the truth~

Read their 990 before you go spouting off about "liberal media".  Research would be a poweful tool for you to learn when it comes to seeking the truth.

GLWerth
by Gina on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this

NOM isn't a "pro-family" group. It is a hate group, though I do know that several women in this group follow their hateful agenda slavishly.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh I do... I love my neighbor enough to let them marry if they are in love. Whether or not they are gay, straight or bisexual. I love them enough not to tell them they are wrong and not worthy enough to enter into marriage.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Sorry, you do not understand the true nature of loving thy neighbor.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yeah. You wouldnt want those "gays" to be equal to you...

Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

“He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. 

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't commenting on the article. I was commenting on Blonde's ongoing attempt to disguise her bigotry for loving. It's disgusting.

I believe in freedom of speech. I think this group are a bunch of assholes but they have a right to exist

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

He  isn't exactly being fair minded either...everyone gets to have their beliefs and support those beliefs. Sometimes It isn't about whether you are for or against something, it's whether or not you believe that everyone has the right to voice their opinion and support that opinionin this country. Trying to shut something down because you don't find it agreeable is tyrannical.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM
5 moms liked this
The irony of you saying this to someone else is hilarious.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Sorry, you do not understand the true nature of loving thy neighbor.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

quote>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)