Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Homosexual activist goes after pro-family group, wants donor list public

Posted by   + Show Post

A homosexual activist is attempting to weaken the National Organization for Marriage and eat away at its donor list. 

Chris Plante, regional director for NOM, describes Fred Karger as "a serial, frivolous case filer" who travelled from California to Iowa to file a campaign finance complaint against the organization.

“This same gentleman, an openly gay activist who fancies himself president of the United States one day, has filed similar complaints in Maine and California,” Plante says. “And at no time has NOM been found guilty of any wrongdoing.”

Plante, Chris (NOM-RI)So Plante considers the complaint harassment or, as he puts it, “a witchhunt.”

“It's an effort to silence people who would stand for marriage in the public square,” says Plante, “who would criticize and critique our politicians and judges who redefine marriage against the will of the people.

The complaint stems from NOM's successful work to oust three activist Iowa Supreme Court justices who legalized homosexual marriage from the bench.

“I spoke with the gentleman who filed the complaint and he was quite honest,” Plante tells OneNewsNow. “He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. And he knows that by forcing NOM to reveal donors, which we do not have to do under the law, will certainly scare people from donating.”

The complaint was made to the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board. The executive director and lead counsel for the board was the clerk for one of the unseated judges, and Plante says they are seeking her removal for her very vocal prejudice against the National Organization for Marriage. 

Source
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
NOM is pro-family? LMAO!! Sure they are.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

It is freaking hilarious isn't it??  What people think scares the shit out of me sometimes.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

The irony of you saying this to someone else is hilarious.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Sorry, you do not understand the true nature of loving thy neighbor.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yeah. You wouldnt want those "gays" to be equal to you...

Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

“He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. 

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
So when are gay activists going to call for the fund of CAIR and Muslim organizations to be made public based on Islamic sharia law calling for homosexuals to be killed?
Quoting SilverSterling:

My problem simply is the group has supported countries were killing of Gays and Lesbians is often encouraged and acceptable.. SO for me anyone who supports this group is OK with the death of gays and Lesbians and by giving money to this group your (general your) paying to have these people killed.

While I fully understand once you give money (or in this case blood money) you feel you have washed your hands of it and what these groups do with their money behind closed doors is their business I personally wouldn't and couldn't give money knowing that even a small portion of it is going to the support of killing anyone.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.

Quoting snookyfritz:

If I were donating to a cause, I would think twice about the honorable intentions of that cause, if I felt I had to donate anonymously

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Hilarious!

Some in this thread are making comments in regards to this activist doing any thing to get his way.

Yet when an activist that supports your agenda does the same it is some how over looked.

Pot.....meet kettle.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

NOM is pro-family? LMAO!! Sure they are.

Only as long as that family fits the mold they feel is acceptable.

When an organization asks for donations and the donor are to remain anonymous, that right there would tell me some thing.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Those evil homos. Next thing you know they'll be making our little boys wear dresses! Evil, evil homos!

laughing

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM
3 moms liked this

don't these people have the courage of their convictions?

or maybe they should leave others alone and be content with running only their own lives.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM
3 moms liked this

The homoSEX-SHOOOO ALLLLLLS!!!!!!

THEY'RE coming to GET ME!!!!!!!

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM
So... we shouldn't give them equal rights?
Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

“He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)