Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Homosexual activist goes after pro-family group, wants donor list public

Posted by   + Show Post

A homosexual activist is attempting to weaken the National Organization for Marriage and eat away at its donor list. 

Chris Plante, regional director for NOM, describes Fred Karger as "a serial, frivolous case filer" who travelled from California to Iowa to file a campaign finance complaint against the organization.

“This same gentleman, an openly gay activist who fancies himself president of the United States one day, has filed similar complaints in Maine and California,” Plante says. “And at no time has NOM been found guilty of any wrongdoing.”

Plante, Chris (NOM-RI)So Plante considers the complaint harassment or, as he puts it, “a witchhunt.”

“It's an effort to silence people who would stand for marriage in the public square,” says Plante, “who would criticize and critique our politicians and judges who redefine marriage against the will of the people.

The complaint stems from NOM's successful work to oust three activist Iowa Supreme Court justices who legalized homosexual marriage from the bench.

“I spoke with the gentleman who filed the complaint and he was quite honest,” Plante tells OneNewsNow. “He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. And he knows that by forcing NOM to reveal donors, which we do not have to do under the law, will certainly scare people from donating.”

The complaint was made to the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board. The executive director and lead counsel for the board was the clerk for one of the unseated judges, and Plante says they are seeking her removal for her very vocal prejudice against the National Organization for Marriage. 

Source
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (71-77):
jllcali
by Jane on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM
If it's a non profit, then it should be subject to the same rules other non profits are. This is not the first time a non profit has been requested to open their records. I have heard of this happening to very non political non profits.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I never said you weren't entitled to express your opinion. So am I. Homosexuality is not a sin. People are born gay. They do not choose it. So, in fact, you are saying God screwed up. Just because you believe it doesn't make it fact. You can pretend you love everyone if it helps you sleep at night. You are basically saying "I love you but you are going to hell". It is wrong. It is wrong to legally tell people who can and cannot marry.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

God never created anyone to be gay. God never created anyone to commit adultery. God never created anyone to commit sin. Immorality offends God. Human beings choose to sin because of the fall of Adam & Eve. The devil tempts us. Free will to accept or reject sin. You mention the virtue of love with homosexuality. Love comes from God. Homosexual practices are not from God. Where does Jesus say 2 men having anal sexual relations is an act of love? 2 women having oral sex is an act of love? To the contrary Jesus says these practices are unnatural, immoral & forbidden by God. You're correct, God does not make mistakes. Human beings do when they choose to sin. Your comments are riddled with lies, deception, a lack of understanding about the spiritual world, sin & the devil. I will not compromise what Jesus has taught me thru prayer & the Scriptures to please you. I love God. I will not offend him. This life is like a blink of an eye compared to eternity. I care about the soul, eternity, Debmomto2girls. Your concern is the present. True love of thy neighbor is compassionate & kind but never accepting of sinful practices. The same concern applies to those who commit adultery, promiscuity or any immoral practice contrary to the teachings of Jesus. I have met many homosexuals during my life. I treat them with respect & love as I do everyone else. My son's former co-worker is gay. He was invited to my son's wedding last Dec.

This is a debate forum. The topic is homosexuality & issues surrounding this subject. So yes, I'm entitled to express my concerns, beliefs as everyone is. I don't call you hateful for not agreeing with me. You reveal your own heart & intolerance when you label me hateful for being faithful to God & the Bible~

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Like I said... You hide behind religion to hide your hatred. Telling two people in love they are immoral and cannot be married is hateful and mean. And your God means nothin to me if he hates what he created. God created everyone including homosexuals since they are born that way. I don't think he makes mistakes in what he created. But, unlike you I also don't pretend to be God and cast judgements on others. But, I know, I know you love everyone.. You are such a joke!

Quoting blondekosmic15:

I do not support adultery. So according to you I hate adulterers. You're a very foolish person. I don't hate anyone. You throw around the hate argument because you have no moral argument to stand on. One can love thy neighbor but NOT accept the choices they make. I know my God is not yours. He would never condone someone behaving as you do~

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

It's not a way of life. It is no different than being heterosexual. You can mask your hatred for others in the guide of love thy neighbor all you want. You are delusional. And your God is not mine.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

As human beings we are all equal in God's eyes. I support benefits for gays but I do not support gay marriage nor civil unions. A sinful lifestyle is wrong, can never be accepted even when society supports this way of life. Adultery is morally wrong also. Never acceptable~

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yeah. You wouldnt want those "gays" to be equal to you...

Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

“He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. 

adeber1
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Well said!

Quoting lilangilyn:

I am all for Plante going after NOM. If NOM were wanting to restrict the rights of women, we would want a bulldog like Plante on our side. We would think he was an heroic activist.

But because the subject is gays and their rights, he suddenly become this awful person trampling on the rights of Christian heterosexuals. If you look back in history, many people felt this same way about Martin Luther King. They believed if minorities had the same rights as whites, then chaos would ensue and they would lose their rights. Hasn't happened yet as far as I can see.

Personally, I would like gay activists to become more militant and agressive by really going after churches, politicians and groups like this that deny them full personhood. Not through violence,but with law suits, demonstrations, and with writing campaigns.

I have many dear friends that are gay. And this might be the real issue. People who don't support gay rights are usually very afraid of what they don't know or understand.

romalove
by Roma on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Quoting adeber1:

Well said!

Quoting lilangilyn:

I am all for Plante going after NOM. If NOM were wanting to restrict the rights of women, we would want a bulldog like Plante on our side. We would think he was an heroic activist.

But because the subject is gays and their rights, he suddenly become this awful person trampling on the rights of Christian heterosexuals. If you look back in history, many people felt this same way about Martin Luther King. They believed if minorities had the same rights as whites, then chaos would ensue and they would lose their rights. Hasn't happened yet as far as I can see.

Personally, I would like gay activists to become more militant and agressive by really going after churches, politicians and groups like this that deny them full personhood. Not through violence,but with law suits, demonstrations, and with writing campaigns.

I have many dear friends that are gay. And this might be the real issue. People who don't support gay rights are usually very afraid of what they don't know or understand.

I think it's Karger going after NOM; Plante is NOM's regional director.

adeber1
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I get that you believe homosexuality is a sin, but what about eating pork and shell fish? Do you follow Leviticus faithfully or do you, like so many of the faithful pick and choose. I mean no disrespect and my question is just that, an honest question. It has been my experience that most people follow the teachings of the Bible in a most selective manner. They use/follow only what suits their purpose and disregard the rest ergo Leviticus.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

I do not support adultery. So according to you I hate adulterers. You're a very foolish person. I don't hate anyone. You throw around the hate argument because you have no moral argument to stand on. One can love thy neighbor but NOT accept the choices they make. I know my God is not yours. He would never condone someone behaving as you do~

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

It's not a way of life. It is no different than being heterosexual. You can mask your hatred for others in the guide of love thy neighbor all you want. You are delusional. And your God is not mine.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

As human beings we are all equal in God's eyes. I support benefits for gays but I do not support gay marriage nor civil unions. A sinful lifestyle is wrong, can never be accepted even when society supports this way of life. Adultery is morally wrong also. Never acceptable~

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yeah. You wouldnt want those "gays" to be equal to you...

Quoting blondekosmic15:

The point many who support traditional marriage have been making for yrs. Some gays will not be content with equal rights & benefits.

quote>

“He said, My effort is to dry up your funding stream and silence your voice. 

adeber1
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh sorry I didn't catch that. That's what I get for reading and posting this early.

Mostly well said....

Quoting romalove:

Quoting adeber1:

Well said!

Quoting lilangilyn:

I think it's Karger going after NOM; Plante is NOM's regional director.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Healthystart30:

"pro-family" bwahahaha right! Unless it's a gay member of the family, he can just get lost, or kill himself, whatever it takes to get rid of them gays.

How can people NOT be intolerant towards a hate group?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)