Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIllion Muslim March on DC on September 11th. In poor taste?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM
JRM
  • 295 Replies
Million Muslim March on 9/11/13:

Assalam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

We at AMPAC (American Political Action Committee) are planning an historic event for 9.11.13 where one million Muslims will march to Washington D.C. and demand that our civil rights be protected by our government.

We are demanding that laws be enacted protecting our 1st amendment . We are asking President Obama to fulfill his promise from his first campaign for Presidency of a transparent government. Lastly we are asking for the release of the 9/11 commission report to the American people.

On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day. Muslim and Non Muslim alike were traumatized but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam.

Yet our Government either sits idly by and does nothing to protect our freedoms or it exacerbates the problem with its constant war on terrorism in Islamic countries, congressional hearings on Islam in America, and its changes to the NDAA law.

These lies told to the American population has made it impossible for us to do true Dawa. Why do we have to defend our religion while doing Dawa? Why can’t we just share the perfection of the Quran and the beauty of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWS)?

It is time for us as Muslims in America to stop being defensive and start being proactive by using our right to vote and our freedom of assemble and let our voices be heard by our country and the world. Stand with us help us fight the injustices being committed against us.

Help us to wake the American citizen up to the truth and together Muslim and Non Muslim can take our country back to its true Democracy which is “For the people by the people”. Our Prophet in his final message told us: “Whoever sees an injustice should set it right by means of his hand; if not, by his tongue; if not, then by his heart and that is considered to be the weakest of faith.” And more to the point “If my nation are afraid to say to the oppressor, ‘O oppressor!’, then there is no hope in them.”

Sincerely your Brothers and Sisters in Islam

On behalf of AMPAC
Isa Hodge
Chief of Operations "Million Muslim March"

AMPAC
Join Million Muslim March on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/MMM91113.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I am not sure what to say

redhead-bedhead
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM
14 moms liked this

I understand why this is being done and I agree with them, but I worry about it being the perfect opportunity for the violent bigots out there.

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

An organized, peaceful assembly of Muslims on September 11th doesn't bother me in the least.

But, I do think the optics of Muslims protesting with a list of demands on that particular date is a poor choice on the part of the organizers.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I agree! I could not come up with the wording..

Quoting MsDenuninani:

An organized, peaceful assembly of Muslims on September 11th doesn't bother me in the least.

But, I do think the optics of Muslims protesting with a list of demands on that particular date is a poor choice on the part of the organizers.

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

AMPAC FAQs

Q: Why another organization? We already have CAIR and ISNA and MPAC and other groups.

A: None of these organizations focuses exclusively on getting Muslims involved in the political process: (1) Getting Muslims elected to office, (2) Getting Muslims out to vote, and (3) Making sure that the views and values of Muslims help make policy in America.

Q: What are “the views and values of Muslims?” Aren't Muslims diverse in their political views?

A: AMPAC will focus on those issues that are of special importance to the Muslim community, and where there is a significant degree of agreement among Muslims. For example, there is widespread agreement in the community (though this is censored by the current leadership) that the “war on terror” is a hoax and that the official story of 9/11 is not true. See: http://muslimsforasafeamerica.org/?p=83 Since Muslims have suffered extreme discrimination due to the phony “war on terror,” this issue deserves to be at the top of Muslims' list of political priorities. Also, the majority of Muslims are pro-peace, anti-Terrorist, and opposed to usury (riba). Perhaps most importantly, Muslims oppose corruption (al-fasaad) and support clean, honest and transparent governance. We will support candidates according to their positions on these and other important issues.

Q: Aren't some of these views too “radical”? Won't they alienate non-Muslims?

A: The history of the Jewish-Zionist lobby AIPAC shows that it is more effective to be “radical” and express one's views strongly and honestly, than to be fearful and timid. The best defense is a good offense. Most of our seemingly “radical” positions are closely aligned with the views of the majority of the American people, who oppose the 9/11 wars, want to cut military spending, dislike the Patriot Act and other unconstitutional laws, and hate big bankster usury. Polls even show that 36% of the American people think it is likely that 9/11 was a false-flag operation! That is more people than voted for President Obama.

Q: Will there be any favoritism toward Democrats versus Republicans

A: No. AMPAC is nonpartisan. But our support for candidates will be partly determined by their positions on issues important to Muslims. For example, in the Republican Party, Mitt Romney is a strong supporter of Zionism and the “war on terror” while Ron Paul is not, so we would be inclined to support Paul over Romney. Another reason to support Ron Paul is that Paul is an opponent of the corrupt, usury-based Federal Reserve monetary system. We believe Muslims should support Ron Paul and other like-minded Republicans, as well as pro-peace and pro-civil-liberties Democrats. Our support for candidates will be determined by their positions on issues important to Muslims, not by which party they belong to.

Q: What, specifically, will AMPAC do?

A: AMPAC will provide monetary support to Muslim and Muslim-friendly political candidates; encourage Muslims to run for office and provide logistical and monetary support to those who run; highlight specific political campaigns deserving of Muslim support; educate American Muslims about the political system and how they can and should get involved; and educate the American public about Muslim values, Muslim involvement in politics, and why Muslims hold the political views that they do.

We hope and expect that all Muslims running for office will contact us so we can list their campaigns on our website and offer America's millions of Muslims a convenient way to donate to their campaigns, and if possible volunteer.

Once we are up and running, we hope to have a newsletter aimed at politically mobilizing Muslims. We will also regularly issue press releases to the general media designed to educate non-Muslims and win support for our positions and activities, and solicit TV and radio interviews and news stories.

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
5 moms liked this

On Sept 11th? Really? smh

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
4 moms liked this
This. It's just going to enrage the racists and turn off a lot of others because, yes, it's insensitive. Not even because of race. It would be insensitive if firefighters to plan a rally/protest/march for higher wages (or whatever) on that day, too.

Thousands of people died and our nation was deeply I hired. Lets just let that be a day to remember those who died and to hurt together.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
5 moms liked this

It's in poor taste and it's asking for the anti Muslim idiots to start trouble. Pobably could have chosen a better date and made a few less comments about their civil rights being denied them while using religion as driving force of the letter... the freedom to post the letter while repeatedly referencing their religious beliefs kind of makes no sense. If they didn't have religious freedom, they never would have had the right to write and distribute the letter. I think there are better ways for us to come together than this.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Well, if it's attention they want, I predict they'll get it. Gwah.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
5 moms liked this

I can certainly understand their stance.  Every Muslim has been blamed.  They are ridiculed, excluded and deemed un-American and so on.

It seems they choose this date to make a statement, to perhaps counter act the previous statement made.

I do not know that this particular date will bring them what they want.  I can imagine it will bring out all of those who have their heads buried in the sand.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured