Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mobile Photo

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Replies (81-84):
smalltownmom03
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
We used to call on of my special needs cousins (I have three 2 with aarskogs and 1 that passsed away a few years ago with cp) a walking phone book. When he was little he would read phone books for entertainment. He had memorized every phone number in the county. He has now moved on to reading cookbooks.You are right they are amazing. I am very blessed to have them in my life. I am also a conservative.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Really, only you would write something like this. This cooment makes you as sick as the Author of the letter. 

I know for a fact that I would write any mother of a special needs child a thank you letter for many things. I  may be a conservative but you know what special needs children are amazing. They are way smarter than a normal person, they are sweet and caring, and you know what I have a younger cousin who is special needs and He my be 15, but over this summer he learn to read his first sentance, He gave me the first ever hug, and we had a real converation about planes. It was amazing. So don't generalizes everyone because you don't like someones veiws 

Quoting mikiemom:

this sounds like something the conservative ladies on this board would write.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massenberg
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

OMG that is so awful to say about a child. what kinda people live in that area to say such a thing

LaBuenaVida
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

My special need is being totally unable to read that. 

joyfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Funny thing--- the evil hags that I think would agree with this letter have not commented against the letter writer...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN