Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Since When Do Adults Work In Fast Food? (Edit)

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this

I couldn't believe it. I don't eat fast food and have not been to fast food joint in years. Well tonight just out of pure laziness I went through the Mc Donalds drive through. I could see about 6 or 7 employees through the window while I was waiting and I swear not one of them looked under 40 years old. I couldn't believe it. I always thought that was a high school kids job and before tonight all I have ever known to work in fast food has always been high school kids. Surly they can;t be making a living and paying their bills off that.

Coming back to edit because I think allot of people are taking me the wrong way. I'm not saying it is anything to look down on. I guess people do what they gotta do. It just surprised me. I probably have not been to Mc donalds or Burger King in 10 years or more and didn't expect to see all adults looking over 40 working there.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
8 moms liked this

Seriously? Are you just trying to start drama by pretending to be so clueless?

muslimah
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Seriously? Are you just trying to start drama by pretending to be so clueless?

I am serious. I don't see why it would start drama. I was actually dumbfounded.

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Not everyone can attend college. Not everyone is bright enough to get a job doing something else.The economy is also bad in some areas, not sure where you are, that fast is food is all they can find...if they are lucky.

Also, one of the girls I went to LPN school with quit nursing to work in a restaurant because it was less stressful and she made more money.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM
8 moms liked this

Since so many jobs have been outsourced to other countries the pickings are slim. People take what they can get to have at least some income.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

msmoody
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM
11 moms liked this
Jesus christ.
I want to live in your sweet, clueless world.
I really, really do.
MissmeMissme
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

You're Joking right?

JLo1486
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a server. While it's not fast food, it's still in the same industry. The only jobs I've ever had have been in food service. I make decent money. I 'll do it until I find something else I want to do that gives me the same flexibility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Muslimah, you would definitely be surprised.  Those jobs aren't just for kids at this time.

PEEPkiller
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
11 moms liked this

coronado25
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I worked in fast food in highschool at several places. Adults comprised about half of the staff. That was in the 80's. So, no, I do not find it surprising. A friend of mine in florida just got laid off her job as a paramedic recently and is considering applying for a job at the fast food restaraunts nearby until she can find something else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN