Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fluff: We have baby frogs in the garden :)

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

They are so cute.  The parents are smooth and dark green so I assume they are indeed frogs but I didnt notice any tadpoles in the pond.  The babys are hiding in the rocks and are about the size of a penny.  The parents are about 4-5 in.  I think ist too cool and wanted to share ;)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM

:) 

get a picture if you can

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Looove! Baby frogs are the cutest ever. And baby turtles. Herps in general, I guess :)

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Froglets!

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We've had toadlets in our yard before.  I transferred the tadpoles home from my in-laws pond to mine. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

We went tad poling last night and got a ton of them. Can't wait to go see them swimming about the stock tank tonight.

Before the PETA type peeps freak on me it hasn't rained in awhile and the puddles they were in were drying up. there were quite a lot dead. We saved as many as we could.

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was growing up, my grandparents had a toad hole by their sidewalk (they lived out in the middle of nowhere, total country kid). I used to fill the hole up with the water hose and all the toads would float up and out of the hole. I adored those toads, they were some of my best friends :)

(Thinking back, that's potentially kind of awful, what with the very real possibility that I drowned a few) :/

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM

The kids forced the lens on my camera down once and it doesnt zoom or do close ups anymore :(  I might be able to use someones smartphone later though.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

:) 

get a picture if you can

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was a kid I actually rescued some tadpoles from a drying rain puddle. I kept them, unbeknownst to my parents, in a coffee can in my bedroom. I came home from school one day and they had all liberated themselves from the coffee can into the house lol.

Quoting furbabymum:

We went tad poling last night and got a ton of them. Can't wait to go see them swimming about the stock tank tonight.

Before the PETA type peeps freak on me it hasn't rained in awhile and the puddles they were in were drying up. there were quite a lot dead. We saved as many as we could.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Cool! I'm jealous.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Cute! We saw a snake on our walk around the neighborhood last night. We live in a suburban subdivision but we are right in the edge of the rural part of town so there is an irrigation canal that goes through the subdivision and I guess thats where the snake was from (it was a watersnake) DH, who has lived here his whole life, said he used to catch them with his brother but I had never seen a snake in the "wild" until yesterday. I almost stepped right on it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)