Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Welcome out of the closet...

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

Please, have some cookies

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Wentworth Miller is not staying silent.

The "Prison Break" star, 41, has revealed that he's gay as an indirect response to Russia's anti-gay laws.

Russia passed a law last month that prohibits the public discussion of gay rights and relationships anywhere where children can hear it. In June, the country adopted a law that bars the adoption of Russian children by same-sex couples and couples who reside in a country that has LGBT acceptance policies.

When Miller was invited to be guest of honor at the upcoming St. Petersburg International Film Festival, he wrote a letter, which was posted on the GLAAD website, explaining exactly why he wouldn't attend.

"Thank you for your kind invitation," he began his letter to the festival's director, Maria Averbakh. "As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline.

"I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by theRussian government," he continued. "The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly. Perhaps, when and if circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

Brad PittAngelina JolieMiley Cyrus, and other big names in Hollywood have long championedLGBT rights stateside. Do you think they'll continue to travel to the country to promote their projects?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM

What party did I miss?

susannah2000
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM

The cookies are beautiful! Too pretty to eat!

IhartU
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I think he's one of the most gorgeous men on the planet. I seem to be attracted to gay men for some reason, I also think Anderson Copper is hot. lol.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I can't believe Wentworth is 41...he's definately a hottie 

Quoting IhartU:

I think he's one of the most gorgeous men on the planet. I seem to be attracted to gay men for some reason, I also think Anderson Copper is hot. lol.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting IhartU:

Same age as me... he definately looks younger!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting IhartU:

Same age as me... he definately looks younger!

Hubs and I are 37 and yea...he looks younger! lol

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!! He is so freaking cute..there's goes my favorite Hollywood crush....

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG. Agreed.

Quoting IhartU:

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Anderson Cooper is hot!

Quoting IhartU:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)