Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

brokenhearted and don't understand.....

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 71 Replies
(About my friend who lied about her dd having cancer)
*** update*** she called me literally .5 seconds after submitting this post.lol

Court has been postponed til Monday. The dad has agreed to take them for the weekend, to give time for one of their family members to get here. After which, they will have temporary custody of them and take them to texas.
The evening that the media reported the story, certain individuals took reporters to her house, where tons of people proceeded to harass her home with her older 2 children present. Not sure how long this went on, but the kids were freaked out so she left her home with them. Not to mention the death and physical threats toward her.

She was not ordered in any way to remain in our town, but she notified dcfs she was taking her kids to GJ to be safe until things calmed down, as a courtesy (almost 2 hours away). She remained in contact with dcfs, as a courtesy, the 4 or 5 days she was there, and all seemed well.

She got home yesterday to close down her store and get her kids enrolled in K12. Late yesterday afternoon, dcfs came to her home and took her children, with a warrant. The reason cited was that she was a 'flight risk'. They scheduled court for today, giving her minimal time to retain an attorneyand gather affidavits, etc., to defend herself in court.

They are wanting to send the children 3 hours away instead of placing them in a foster home, here. The "father" refused to take them, and told dcfs to just throw themIin foster care.

My heart is breaking for those babies. I've just been crying off and on since yesterdayevening.
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

My heart breaks for those children, but not the mother.   Could you petition the courts to be the guardian for the children?   Are there not any other relatives who could help?    Is your friend facing jail time???

May I ask, I may have missed the post, but why did she create such a terrible lie?  For money?  For attention?  Either way, it is hard to have sympathy for the mother.  Did the DD think she had  cancer?

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Wait if he didnt want them why was she lying for money in the first place. Wasn't that was what the whole thing was for money for her custody battle
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I'm sorry but I do not understand why you are making yet another post about this when you deleted the last one.

famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Does she have any family that could take them?  Why in the hell would the father let them go into foster care?  I feel so sorry for those kids.  Their dad seems horrible and mom is unstable.

mommy053008
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I am confused
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
She has 3 children. The custody issues have been over the youngest one. He hasn't seen the older two in over a year and a half.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Wait if he didnt want them why was she lying for money in the first place. Wasn't that was what the whole thing was for money for her custody battle

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Their mom has been getting therapy since June. I updated a second ago. Her family member from Texas is coming up to take temporary custody of them.

I'm just hoping the kids don't run away from his house and come to mine this weekend. They're absolutely terrified of him, and I live 3 houses down from him. Last thing I need is to become involved in it!

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Does she have any family that could take them?  Why in the hell would the father let them go into foster care?  I feel so sorry for those kids.  Their dad seems horrible and mom is unstable.

famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I'm glad for her children that she is in therapy.  Clearly she needs a better support system.  Are the kids too young to express that they are terrified of this person?  Aren't you related by marriage or something?  Sometimes, we have to get involved, for the kids.

Quoting Jack_Squat:

Their mom has been getting therapy since June. I updated a second ago. Her family member from Texas is coming up to take temporary custody of them.

I'm just hoping the kids don't run away from his house and come to mine this weekend. They're absolutely terrified of him, and I live 3 houses down from him. Last thing I need is to become involved in it!

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Her attorney says she shouldn't get jail time, especially with all she's been doing since June to rectify the situation. I can't take them. I have a kid with the dad's brother, and he has already caused major problems lying to her therapist to cause problems.

Quoting KenneMaw:

My heart breaks for those children, but not the mother.   Could you petition the courts to be the guardian for the children?   Are there not any other relatives who could help?    Is your friend facing jail time???

May I ask, I may have missed the post, but why did she create such a terrible lie?  For money?  For attention?  Either way, it is hard to have sympathy for the mother.  Did the DD think she had  cancer?

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Seriously...what?

Quoting mommy053008:

I am confused

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN