Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tell us why you are a bad mom

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 121 Replies
2 moms liked this

In his 5 years and 2 days I have done the following:

Had him circ'd (and he slept through it)

Formula Fed

Vaccinated

Didn't cosleep

Let him CIO

Put cereal in his bottle at the pedi's recommendation for his reflux

Took him to see Pearl Jam when he was barely a year old

Doesn't have a tv or a handheld gaming system

Fed him peanut butter before he was 1

Laughed at him when he fell climbing a tree I told him not to climb

Didn't punish the cat when she scratched him for pulling her tail

Doesn't get soda

Got in trouble at school for teaching his class the lyrics to "Busta Move."

Also got in trouble for calling another student a "varmit." (we watch Bugs Bunny)

If he sees burnt orange shirts with a Texas Longhorn on it, he will say "Texas Bites."

He once told a college girl this spring, "You are very pretty.  But that was a squeeze play not stealing a base."   And I laughed

This week is all abou race and religion and ugly and murder.

Explain why you are a bad mom so we can laugh.

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll start with your list because I'm lazy:

DS is circ'd (although on this one I caved to his dad's wishes so he's the bad dad and I'm the pushover mom who didn't fight harder to keep him intact)

I let him play video games and watch cartoons

He's not allowed soft drinks

I'm atheist and don't take him to church

Vaccinated

I don't make him eat his vegetables

No adult concerts yet, but we've considered it.  So I'm only half-bad on that one

I'm sure there's plenty more but I'm so guilt-ridden that I've blocked out the rest.

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

lga1965
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

COOL kid! My kids were basically raised that way. ( They're all over 40 now and still great kids)

I am going to enjoy reading the replies!

tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oohhh

The vegetable one is going to rile up some mom that has the perfect diet for her kids.

My son had popcorn and ice cream for dinner last night because we were at baseball.

Quoting FrogSalad:

DS is circ'd (although on this one I caved to his dad's wishes so he's the bad dad and I'm the pushover mom who didn't fight harder to keep him intact)

Vaccinated

No adult concerts yet, but we've considered it.  So I'm only half-bad on that one

I'm sure there's plenty more but I'm so guilt-ridden that I've blocked out the rest.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I work.

Dd (11) has a smart phone.

I let DD play with her friends outside around the neighborhood, often without direct adult supervision.

She only rear faced (in a carseat) for six or seven months (don't remember exactly but it was before a year and well before the two years that I think is suggested now).

I yell (I'm Italian).

I drink caffeine and I am pregnant

I'm sure there is tons more...
tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

ooohhh

I stopped rear facing the day after he turned one.  Forgot about that.

Quoting stringtheory:

I work.

Dd (11) has a smart phone.

I let DD play with her friends outside around the neighborhood, often without direct adult supervision.

She only rear faced (in a carseat) for six or seven months (don't remember exactly but it was before a year and well before the two years that I think is suggested now).

I yell (I'm Italian).

I drink caffeine and I am pregnant

I'm sure there is tons more...

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Mine has pb&j sandwiches at least twice a week.  It's one of the few food-related items he won't fight me on and I get sooooo sick of arguing about it all the time.

He is pretty good about at least trying something I've made before he tells me he doesn't like it.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Oohhh

The vegetable one is going to rile up some mom that has the perfect diet for her kids.

My son had popcorn and ice cream for dinner last night because we were at baseball.

Quoting FrogSalad:

Vaccinated

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
4 moms liked this

My kids do play video games and watch scary movies. 

They coslept forever.

Breastfed until 2.

Introduced solids too early.

No soda. 

Vacc'd and circed.

If I'm tired after work, I refuse to cook dinner and they're forced to graze, make sandwiches, and eat leftovers. 

Like frogsalad, I've blocked out the rest of my heinous parenting crimes, though I'm positive they're numerous. 

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I've let DD have a bowl of cereal for dinner five days this week... I'm 35 weeks pregnant and dad is out of town this week soooo

Quoting FrogSalad:

Mine has pb&j sandwiches at least twice a week.  It's one of the few food-related items he won't fight me on and I get sooooo sick of arguing about it all the time.

He is pretty good about at least trying something I've made before he tells me he doesn't like it.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Oohhh

Quoting FrogSalad:

Vaccinated

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

These are just things my family/friends judge me on, not a backwards way to get into an argument about circumcising or anything else, but... :

-Because I absolutely refuse to circ (DH doesn't think it's a big deal either way, he's very laid back)

-I don't schedule to the nanosecond every single nap and bottle and bath and bedtime DD has

- I vaccinate

-I'm on PA

-I'm not Christian and not raising DD to be such

-I teach my kids not to be colorblind

-I teach my kids to ignore gender rules

-I buy from the "boy" baby section at the store for DD, which is apparently a Horrible No-Good Very Bad Sin.

- I tried to breastfeed but failed miserably

-I waited until four months to give her her first taste of pureed food (which in reality is when I finally got fucking tired of my SM, who cares for her while we work, pressuring the hell out of me about it and let her give DD some pureed carrots)

-Because occasionally DD gets lint between her toes and there's "no damn reason a baby should have dirt on it for more than five minutes" (I swear, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried)

-Because I get pissed if anyone gives my not even nine month old DD soda or chocolate milk

-Because DD's godparents is a trans* person and "kids shouldn't be around those types"

Oh man I could probably go on forever. Every single one of the above, I have to defend on a weekly basis from my family. They're nuts.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
He is circd

he is vaxxed
He was bottlefed from 3 mos on
I did cosleep but only for 8 mos
I did not wear him - he never liked it
I let him "decide" when it was time to stop swaddling up to his chin
He watches TV and always has
He does not get soda
But he does get juice ... and McDonalds
He has his own iPad (he is 3.5)
He calls his penis a penis and knows girls have vaginas

EtA: he ate and slept on his own schedule as an infant and, for the most part, still does.

Bad bad mommy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)