Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Blacks asked to leave restaurant because white customers feel uncomfortable

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kristi831
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
13 moms liked this

He should complain on his social media site about how he was treated.  Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean people should take that kind of treatment in silence.

Quoting SentRegards:

He still complained on his social media site, mine as well be the news.. I didn't say he did it for fame... its more of it happens all the time

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

My Filipino mom wasn't served and asked to leave at a white restaurant and we didn't go complaining to the news and she wasn't disturbing or threatening anyone, just has a white boyfriend

they didnt either.  They tried contacting the company and no reply.  He vented on his facebook and the sharing and reposting was noticed and picked up by a journalist.  It rolled from there.

Not everyone runs to the media for their 15mins of fame....sometimes the injustice of a single act can make headlines around the world.  Such is our social networking system.

candlegal
by Judy on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM
3 moms liked this

If this is true, the manager should be fired.  I wonder if there is more to the story?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM
4 moms liked this

No I wasnt...I was trying to inform someone that they didnt go running to the news stations to get their 15minutes of fame.

some people hate information.  Pretty pathetic to try and compare a vent on facebook to actually ringing the media and complaining about being mistreated?!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

She didn't come off like a drama queen to me

Quoting SentRegards:

Omg stop being such a drama queen

Quoting turtle68:

really ...facebook is now a news station...really?

"complaining to the news" (your words) and venting on your facebook page is completely different.

Quoting SentRegards:

He still complained on his social media site, mine as well be the news.. I didn't say he did it for fame... its more of it happens all the time

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

My Filipino mom wasn't served and asked to leave at a white restaurant and we didn't go complaining to the news and she wasn't disturbing or threatening anyone, just has a white boyfriend

they didnt either.  They tried contacting the company and no reply.  He vented on his facebook and the sharing and reposting was noticed and picked up by a journalist.  It rolled from there.

Not everyone runs to the media for their 15mins of fame....sometimes the injustice of a single act can make headlines around the world.  Such is our social networking system.

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Totally agree.

Quoting turtle68:

No I wasnt...I was trying to inform someone that they didnt go running to the news stations to get their 15minutes of fame.

some people hate information.  Pretty pathetic to try and compare a vent on facebook to actually ringing the media and complaining about being mistreated?!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

She didn't come off like a drama queen to me

Quoting SentRegards:

Omg stop being such a drama queen

Quoting turtle68:

really ...facebook is now a news station...really?

"complaining to the news" (your words) and venting on your facebook page is completely different.

Quoting SentRegards:

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to know what really happened? There doesn't seem to be any information on want truly happened.
MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting SentRegards:

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

Oh well...this happens all the time....so keep quiet about the wrong doing??

We need to speak out when wrong doing takes place.You cant let racism continue with a sigh of it happens all the time??

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I have to admit I started to call bullshit on his claim...UNTIL the 'Chief Marketing Executive' they interviewed danced around admitting to OR DENYING the claim. Smells fishy as hell (on the resaurant's part). 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Given the source, I am not even going to bother reading it.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
6 moms liked this

Wow....Talk about over reacting to a crowd of people.

What do they believe the people will do?Jump across the table and attack them in a wild wing restaurant?We happen to live in a diverse world.They need to grow up,get over themselves and join reality.People cant dissapear just because a person feels uncomfortable....unbelievable??

gabenmikeysmom
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Unless they were really threatening other ppl (threatning comments, flipping folks off, cursing at ppl) its b.s they were asked to leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)