Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Blacks asked to leave restaurant because white customers feel uncomfortable

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to see the video they allegedly have.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I want to know what really happened? There doesn't seem to be any information on want truly happened.

Minnow Slayer

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I would want a video that is not altered and shows it from the beginning.
I have a feeling that the were asked to leave because they were loud and cursing and maybe being rude. If they were not brig like that, then something needs to happen.

Quoting Carpy:

I want to see the video they allegedly have.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I want to know what really happened? There doesn't seem to be any information on want truly happened.

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this

For TWO hours? And the restaurant did nothing?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I have a feeling that the were asked to leave because they were loud and cursing and maybe being rude. If they were not brig like that, then something needs to happen. 
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Thomigirl:

I have to admit I started to call bullshit on his claim...UNTIL the 'Chief Marketing Executive' they interviewed danced around admitting to OR DENYING the claim. Smells fishy as hell (on the resaurant's part). 

Also, they were there waiting for 2 hours and they seated them. They obviously had no problem with them for 2 hours. All of a sudden someone is afraid?
Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Exactly!

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Thomigirl:

I have to admit I started to call bullshit on his claim...UNTIL the 'Chief Marketing Executive' they interviewed danced around admitting to OR DENYING the claim. Smells fishy as hell (on the resaurant's part). 

Also, they were there waiting for 2 hours and they seated them. They obviously had no problem with them for 2 hours. All of a sudden someone is afraid?

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm kind of cracking up over the usual people using words like "alleged" and there HAS to be more to the story. Wondering if it would be the same if it were a group of white people? Doubt it.
SentRegards
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people find it more embarrassing than helpful to go on a public display after being racially discriminated

Quoting Kristi831:

He should complain on his social media site about how he was treated.  Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean people should take that kind of treatment in silence.

Quoting SentRegards:

He still complained on his social media site, mine as well be the news.. I didn't say he did it for fame... its more of it happens all the time

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

My Filipino mom wasn't served and asked to leave at a white restaurant and we didn't go complaining to the news and she wasn't disturbing or threatening anyone, just has a white boyfriend

they didnt either.  They tried contacting the company and no reply.  He vented on his facebook and the sharing and reposting was noticed and picked up by a journalist.  It rolled from there.

Not everyone runs to the media for their 15mins of fame....sometimes the injustice of a single act can make headlines around the world.  Such is our social networking system.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I have no idea if this was true or not. We only have one side telling the story on what happened. And everyone is so hypersensitive nowadays with social media. Social media can kill a business with one claim. Because no one checks the whole story anymore. Someone screams racism and people jump on the bandwagon.
Just like that lady who claim someone assaulted her son for wearing a hair clip. Many women fell for that bullshit and it came to light that she is mentally ill.
I would just wait until the whole story comes out, before people start protesting.

Quoting Thomigirl:

For TWO hours? And the restaurant did nothing?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I have a feeling that the were asked to leave because t
hey were loud and cursing and maybe being rude. If they were not brig like that, then something needs to happen. 
billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. I would say alleged too, because I know this comment is directed at me. I say alleged for everything, because people make shit up ALL the time. See my previous post.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I'm kind of cracking up over the usual people using words like "alleged" and there HAS to be more to the story. Wondering if it would be the same if it were a group of white people? Doubt it.
Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM
7 moms liked this
Ummm, you do realize that you just posted on a social media site about your mom's discrimination, don't ya? Hope someone doesn't find it interesting enough to do a report on it...adding hypocrisy to the irony. ;)

Quoting SentRegards:

He still complained on his social media site, mine as well be the news.. I didn't say he did it for fame... its more of it happens all the time

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

My Filipino mom wasn't served and asked to leave at a white restaurant and we didn't go complaining to the news and she wasn't disturbing or threatening anyone, just has a white boyfriend

they didnt either.  They tried contacting the company and no reply.  He vented on his facebook and the sharing and reposting was noticed and picked up by a journalist.  It rolled from there.

Not everyone runs to the media for their 15mins of fame....sometimes the injustice of a single act can make headlines around the world.  Such is our social networking system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN