Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Blacks asked to leave restaurant because white customers feel uncomfortable

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

My SO's entire family on his mother's side is from, and most still live in, South Carolina.  They are horrible when it comes to non-white people.  His great-GF and GF were both proud members of the KKK, and many of them are still involved in remnant groups.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
5 moms liked this

I find it disturbing that someone is advocating they just accept discrimination and say nothing....

if everyone did that, you would still be sitting at a seperate counter and ebtering through the back door if at all

Ignoring it doesn't make it better, it encourages it

denise3680
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

come on, that is too many black people in one place:/  People kill me, she had no problem with all the white people that were in the restaurant though:/  I am not the least bit surprised about this especially in SC:/

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My question is, ow did the party know what race the complaining patron was? I doubt the manager pointed them out.
codfish
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
As a restaurant manager I have kicked out one group over the years. They were white, drugged up, and verbally abusing my staff. Something with this story is missing. The manager most likely has been or will be fored.
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but he had a right to complain. When this happens to people, they need to speak up about it because it's not excusable and the places that practice this kind of bigotry need to be boycotted, period. 

Quoting SentRegards:

He still complained on his social media site, mine as well be the news.. I didn't say he did it for fame... its more of it happens all the time

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting SentRegards:

My Filipino mom wasn't served and asked to leave at a white restaurant and we didn't go complaining to the news and she wasn't disturbing or threatening anyone, just has a white boyfriend

they didnt either.  They tried contacting the company and no reply.  He vented on his facebook and the sharing and reposting was noticed and picked up by a journalist.  It rolled from there.

Not everyone runs to the media for their 15mins of fame....sometimes the injustice of a single act can make headlines around the world.  Such is our social networking system.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes I think more than a majority of people in this country would like that. And it's sad. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I find it disturbing that someone is advocating they just accept discrimination and say nothing....

if everyone did that, you would still be sitting at a seperate counter and ebtering through the back door if at all

Ignoring it doesn't make it better, it encourages it

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

This

Quoting Kristi831:

So sad, and so wrong.  The manager needs to be fired.  

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

That is just not right. I don't live anywhere near there so I can't say well I won't eat there because I never would anyway but I did share this on my facebook. Utterly disgraceful!

SherryBerry106
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Any one have a source for this from something not titled

Progressive Populist?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)