Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teen Kills His 3 Nephews for $300 ... Promised by Their Father!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 25 Replies

Teen Kills His 3 Nephews for $300 ... Promised by Their Father!

by Kiri Blakeley Friday at 11:53 AM

19-year-old Wisconsin boy did the absolutely unthinkable. He killed his three young nephews and tried to kill his young niece and his pregnant sister-in-law -- all by burning down their house. He did this even though their mother, Sharon Wand, treated him like a son. The three young boys died. His 2-year-old niece, Jessica, survived, but no thanks to teen killer Jeremy Wand, who tried to throw her back into the flames when it looked like she might escape. And he did it all for $300. He's been sentenced to life in prison. But the judge ruled that he's eligible for parole. Why? Because the judge believes he was being coerced and influenced. By his brother and mother!!!

Reportedly, Jeremy Wand's eldest brother, Armin, wanted his wife, four kids, and unborn childall dead. All gone. Why?

So he could "start afresh." With their cashed in insurance policies.

Yep, he didn't want to take the divorce route -- even though the couple's divorce was almost finalized. He wanted to exterminate the entire family he had willingly built himself -- just because he wanted a new life. We've heard this heinous story before and no doubt we will hear it again. The dark side of human nature is very dark indeed.

Armin (who was found guilty and is serving life in prison) apparently talked his brother into helping him burn down the house and kill his family. He would pay him $300.

The capper? Allegedly Armin and Jeremy's mom thought the whole thing was a fine idea. She thought her son Armin deserved a fresh start too. Even if that meant murdering all of her grandchildren and her daughter-in-law.

This sounds like a family that had no morals. A family of sociopaths. And Jeremy, whether he was one or not, grew up in it. Had his mind formed by his mother and older brother from the time he was a child.

Who knows if he could have ever found the willpower to think independently?

At what age is a child supposed to form their own moral character? And can they do that when everyone else in the family has none?

Apparently the judge thinks that Jeremy might deserve a second chance. Hell, this is one person who might do better in prison than being around his own family.

It's easy to say, "He was 19. Old enough to know what he was doing." And it takes a special kind of cruelty and inhumanity to throw a screaming toddler back into a fire. He killed three young boys who "adored" him, according to Sharon. He tried to kill his sister-in-law and niece. Sharon Wand ended up having a miscarriage, so he killed another child too.

It takes a subhuman to do all of this.

But this is all he ever knew. This kind of mind. The subhuman, sociopathic mind.

I am not convinced he deserves a second chance. He's most likely a lost cause. However, even Sharon Wand, who has gone through the worst thing any human being can, thinksJeremy deserves a chance at parole. When the judge asked her, she replied, "He’s a really good guy. I love him dearly." And admitted he was under the influence of his "abusive" older brother.

It all makes you think about the family's you're born into -- and whether you can ever escape them.

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulietAngel89
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM

omg that is so heartbreakingly disgusting. 

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Wonder who's raising these kinds of thugs.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
So horrific
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Jeremy Wand to serve 3 life sentences

Wand will be eligible for parole in 35 years

Channel3000.com

Jeremy Wand in Lafayette County court

MADISON, Wis. -

Jeremy Wand, the man accused of helping to burn histhree young nephews alive, will serve three life sentences.

Sharon Wand, the mother of the three boys and who was burned over 85 percent of her body, has become the center of the high-profile case. At one point, she recanted that Jeremy Wand was even there to start the fire but she took a different stand during Jeremy Wand's sentencing.

Authorities said Sharon Wand was the victim of an insurance scam when her husband and his brother allegedly lit the family on fire at their home to get the insurance money.

Thursday, Sharon Wand called out her brother-in-law, saying that she still loved him but she hated him for what he did. She also said she lives every day knowing that her children are gone because of Jeremy Wand’s selfishness.

“You ripped out my heart by taking my children from me and changing my life and Jessica’s life forever. Is that how you count your days, Jeremy? Is that how you count the days since the days you killed your nephews?” she said at the sentencing.

Sharon Wand and her daughter were able to escape the fire, but she was also pregnant at the time and lost her baby.

Jeremy Wand will be eligible for parole in 35 years. He is currently 19.

Armin Wand, Sharon Wand’s husband, has already been sentenced to three life terms without parole.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
3 moms liked this
I also wonder what they're going to do about all of those out of control white youths in Wisconsin. ;-)

Quoting Della529:

Wonder who's raising these kinds of thugs.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
That's disgusting. He shouldn't be paroled at all. Those poor babies. I can only imagine what the mother and daughter are going through.
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

him and his brother are monsters, plain and simple

Quoting RandRMomma:

That's disgusting. He shouldn't be paroled at all. Those poor babies. I can only imagine what the mother and daughter are going through.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
They are. And they're the worst kind of monsters.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

him and his brother are monsters, plain and simple

Quoting RandRMomma:

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Horrific!

babie113
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Its scary people like this walk the streets. I hope the mother gets jail time too greed and lack of empathy seems rampant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN