Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

VMA Awards on MTV

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hey ladies is any one watching the MTV Awards Tonight?
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Video Music Awards, for a channel that doesn't show music videos anymore and doesn't give awards for them.

No, not watching, but I'll look online tomorrow to see all the clothing.  :)

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Oh god no. The majority if the music today, on the radio, is crap. My 8 year old would have loved to watch it...if she knew it was on.
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I looked through an article on Buzzfeed showing some of the fashion.

Gods, but I feel old. I swear I didn't know the vast majority of people on there :/

(But it's a nice break from reading up on the shit in Syria, so...)

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I have no choice.  Well, I do.  I could go sit in my room and hide away while they are on.  They don't start for another hour plus here.

My daughter, and two of her 13 year old friends, are just a bit excited to see One Direction.  Doesn't matter if they perform or not. lol

Times have certainly changed since my MTV/VMA award days.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Video Music Awards, for a channel that doesn't show music videos anymore and doesn't give awards for them.

Excellent point.

My kiddo doesn't watch MTV on a regular basis.  Outside of an occasional 'Catfish' episode, there is no reason to ever watch that channel.  It is nothing like it was nor is it any thing worth paying attention to.

Other than the show tonight and the five boys she is obsessed with. lol

While watching with them, it will be interesting.  I know many of those who will be on the show and I like a few, but overall, my age is going to be more than a bit apparent. lol

Back in the day, my mom used to watch with me, a lot.  How she loved Bruce Springsteen, Huey Lewis and a few others.  She just got a kick out of the bands like Whitesnake.  And she enjoyed making fun of me.

Some things go full circle. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
No, I dont listen to the radio so I dont know any of the songs. Ill look at pics of the dresses though, I do like that part.
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I recorded The Today Show for my daughter the other day and all that got me was "I want front row tickets to one if their concerts."

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I have no choice.  Well, I do.  I could go sit in my room and hide away while they are on.  They don't start for another hour plus here.

My daughter, and two of her 13 year old friends, are just a bit excited to see One Direction.  Doesn't matter if they perform or not. lol

Times have certainly changed since my MTV/VMA award days.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a very young teen when they began broadcasting - Video Killed The Radio Star, lol!

Both my parents loved it.  We'd sit and watch all these imaginative, sometimes thought provoking (and sometimes stupid) videos together.  It was great.

For some reason, this was my dad's favorite, which probably tells you all you need to know about me - that and all the Star Trek, Douglas Adams and Monty Python - FISH HEADS!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Excellent point.

My kiddo doesn't watch MTV on a regular basis.  Outside of an occasional 'Catfish' episode, there is no reason to ever watch that channel.  It is nothing like it was nor is it any thing worth paying attention to.

Other than the show tonight and the five boys she is obsessed with. lol

While watching with them, it will be interesting.  I know many of those who will be on the show and I like a few, but overall, my age is going to be more than a bit apparent. lol

Back in the day, my mom used to watch with me, a lot.  How she loved Bruce Springsteen, Huey Lewis and a few others.  She just got a kick out of the bands like Whitesnake.  And she enjoyed making fun of me.

Some things go full circle. 

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh yeah, ETA - I went to high school with Tabitha Soren.  Saw her first "MTV News" segment and screamed, I know that chick!  LOL

Nice girl, very into music and photography, was glad to see her do so well.  

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Something like this. LOL

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)