Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about Vladimir Putin, Syria, and the possibility of ww3?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 132 Replies

from what i understand, Putin has given Syria his support and protection, and basically told the US, if you want to fuck with them, you fuck with Russia.

i think he's accusing the US govt of being behind the chem attacks to get support from the UN to take out the Syrian leader.?!

he has sent warships and troops, tanks all that stuff, to Syria, and supports the Syrian gov't. 

so when Obama says he "has no choice but to intervene" due to the use of chemical gasses being used on the people.....does this mean essentially, that US would be at war with Russia?

in which case, would china back their Russian friends, or their American friends?

where does that leave Canada? 

how far is this going to go? are these the rumblings of another world war?

i am going to throw some clips of Vladimir and what he has said about it in the replies.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

listen (read) closely to what Putin says in regards to hilary's threat

JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Canada would likely stay out of it if possible, or provide support for the US. China would likely side with Russia. Which could be bad economically for them and us. They hold a great deal of our debt and calling it due could be bad news for the US.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM

D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quoting JamesMom714:

Canada would likely stay out of it if possible, or provide support for the US. China would likely side with Russia. Which could be bad economically for them and us. They hold a great deal of our debt and calling it due could be bad news for the US.
i really hope and PRAY that our (canada's)relationship with china and russia is a secure one
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM
9 moms liked this

Canada isn't going to get involved. It's not their style. 

As for the US getting involved, I'm not sure where I stand on this. Why are we focusing only on Syria? There are countries in this world that engage in genocide every damn day, and I don't see us invading them to "put them in their place." We can't be the world police. We just can't. And I'm tired of everyone expecting us to be. 

D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
and i love how he TOTALLY understands english, but seems unwilling to speak anything but russian lol
D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

they have been removing the leaders of those countries systematically,one by one. Vladimir was saying in one interview that america had gudaffi (sp) killed, so that he was out of the way, now the same scenario in syria, which i cant even fully get into with a squirming baby in my lap

Quoting cjsbmom:

As for the US getting involved, I'm not sure where I stand on this. Why are we focusing only on Syria? There are countries in this world that engage in genocide every damn day, and I don't see us invading them to "put them in their place." We can't be the world police. We just can't. And I'm tired of everyone expecting us to be. 

D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
8 moms liked this

What about Rwanda? The Sudan? The Congo? 

Oh wait, those areas don't have oil or other precious things we want here in America, so they don't matter. 

We're only focusing on the countries that we care about, not the countries where the worst cases of genocide occur. 

Quoting D.O.E.:

they have been removing the leaders of those countries systematically,one by one. Vladimir was saying in one interview that america had gudaffi (sp) killed, so that he was out of the way, now the same scenario in syria, which i cant even fully get into with a squirming baby in my lap

Quoting cjsbmom:

D.O.E.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM

this is scary too, we cant let this sort of thing here. this is monsanto's doing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured