Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

about Vladimir Putin, Syria, and the possibility of ww3?

Posted by   + Show Post

from what i understand, Putin has given Syria his support and protection, and basically told the US, if you want to fuck with them, you fuck with Russia.

i think he's accusing the US govt of being behind the chem attacks to get support from the UN to take out the Syrian leader.?!

he has sent warships and troops, tanks all that stuff, to Syria, and supports the Syrian gov't. 

so when Obama says he "has no choice but to intervene" due to the use of chemical gasses being used on the people.....does this mean essentially, that US would be at war with Russia?

in which case, would china back their Russian friends, or their American friends?

where does that leave Canada? 

how far is this going to go? are these the rumblings of another world war?

i am going to throw some clips of Vladimir and what he has said about it in the replies.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Replies (131-132):
JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Hmm. Well, that part will be good for us. But how would we find the war? We currently borrower something like 60¢ of every dollar from china? The federal reserve would start printing money, but that will drive down the value of the dollar and couldn't last long....

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting JamesMom714:

Canada would likely stay out of it if possible, or provide support for the US. China would likely side with Russia. Which could be bad economically for them and us. They hold a great deal of our debt and calling it due could be bad news for the US.

I have read that if this all happens that the US would effectively be at war with China and under international law the debt would become dead. Bad for china I would think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I with russia though, we need to stay out of it!

The only reason they want to go to war is because of oil. It is not our place to have a war with a country just for oil, we have plunty here so why don't we use it. plus there are new studies be put out that it is renewable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)