Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

(Edited) WTH is wrong with these kids and what is going on in St. Louis? Who raises these thugs

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 243 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am adding this as an edit: I asked in the title "Who raises these thugs"

In this thread, there has been more focus on the word "Thug" with lots of socially engineered outrage over it's use and the lame attempt to make it's use a race issue.

It is the focus on nonsense like this rather than the fact that "Thugs" are running around attacking innocent people, killing an old man and ruining people's lives (including their own) as a "GAME" that is the real problem.

So, now it's obvious "Who raises these thugs". It's parents who's priorities are so out of whack that their biggest issue with all of this is that the word "Thug" is used to describe these degenerates. I think teaching kids not to be "Thugs" is far more important than teaching them to be angry and lash out over the use of the word "Thug"

(End Edit)

St. Louis teen sentenced to probation in 'knockout game' attack that injured man

The sentencing came as the murder trial involving a more high-profile attack was poised to start.Read more

Widow describes 'knockout game' attack that killed husband as St. Louis trial continues

Elex Murphy, 20, is on trial on charges of murder, assault and armed criminal action. Read more

Man convicted of second-degree murder in St. Louis 'knockout game' killing

Identification by surviving victim was main evidence against Elex Murphy.Read more

Teen killed by St. Louis homeowner had been charged in 'knockout game' attack

He was among teens arrested in attack on St. Louis man who was found by mayor on side of the road. Read more

Teen sentenced in Central West End 'knockout game' attack

A St. Louis teen has been sentenced to a year in jail after admitting to randomly punching a man in the Central West End. Read more

Same man may have punched 5 people in random attacks in St. Louis

St. Louis police investigating whether assaults are linked. Read more

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM
6 moms liked this
I hate the word thug. I really do. It's up there with panties and moist...but for different reasons.
tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

The Cardinals are trailing the Pirates in the NL Central.

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Lol that is random as hell lol

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM
11 moms liked this

The continuous use of calling black men thugs is so freaking inappropriate. It feels like the new n word and I'm appalled. 

storkneedsgps
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM
8 moms liked this
My dad works in inner city St Louis. He gets shot at for being white. There are people there who are THUGS. Heck, the things that some of these people do...they're animals. Not because of the fact that they are black men but because they act this way. St Louis is horrible.

Quoting ReginaStar:

The continuous use of calling black men thugs is so freaking inappropriate. It feels like the new n word and I'm appalled. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I'm from St Louis. It sucks. We have great attractions in the city but its not safe to visit due to the crime. Its one of the most dangerous cities in the US.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Well, I know that happens to be one of the most talked about things.   They aren't used to trailing the Pirates :)

I assume these men are acting out in anger when they lose ground in the Wild Card.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Lol that is random as hell lol

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

ExecutiveChick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Okay, I bet you get "appalled" about a lot of things, huh?

What I find appalling is people who are always "appalled" and find everything they don't care for "inappropriate"

:)

Quoting ReginaStar:

tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM

We stayed there last Friday night going to the Cardinal game.   We stayed at the Hyatt right next to Busch stadium.   Having come from a place where there is little homelessness, I was shocked to see so many panhandlers after the game.    And all of those boarded up and burned out row houses you can see from I-70.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I'm from St Louis. It sucks. We have great attractions in the city but its not safe to visit due to the crime. Its one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I find it appalling when all a particular poster has to contribute is only a single topic :)

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Okay, I bet you get "appalled" about a lot of things, huh?

What I find appalling is people who are always "appalled" and find everything they don't care for "inappropriate"

:)

Quoting ReginaStar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN