Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Blacks asked to leave restaurant - the real story.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 277 Replies
2 moms liked this

Woman from Wild Wings Contacts Radio Facts, States Black Patrons Asked to Leave for Several Reasons - 

A woman contacted Radio Facts who works at the Wild Wings restaurant that asked the black patrons to leave. and asked that we allow her to be anonymous. She states there are several reasons the group was asked to leave (below)  Radiofacts.com,

You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers. 

- See more at: http://www.radiofacts.com/woman-wild-wings-contacts-radio-facts-states-black-patrons-asked-leave-several-reasons/#sthash.aUYeqPh3.dpuf

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM
6 moms liked this

Surprise ....surprise.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this

There are always two sides to a story.

How many different types of people eat there with no issues?  Restaurants do not ask you to leave for no reason.

I wonder what the other side of the "Butler" movie theater was too.

Kristi831
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I figured there was more to this story.  Based on the original story, I thought the manager should be fired.  Now that this comes out ... well, I have to say I stand corrected.  

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Also, racism isn't as rampant as it may 'seem'. But oh how convenient to use for gain huh?

Quoting tooptimistic:

How many different types of people eat there with no issues?  Restaurants do not ask you to leave for no reason.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM
11 moms liked this

Maybe it is still rampant, but the racist are now a different group.

Quoting JustCJ:

Also, racism isn't as rampant as it may 'seem'. But oh how convenient to use for gain huh?

Quoting tooptimistic:

SherryBerry106
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting tooptimistic:

Maybe it is still rampant, but the racist are now a different group.

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Exactly

ExecutiveChick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
13 moms liked this

It was obvious that there was something "Off" with the original story. What didn't make sense to me was...

This is a Black owned restaurant. The Company apologized and offered the group a free meal but they refused and said that wasn't enough (looking to get paid I am sure) and according to the groups spokesperson, they whipped out their cameras and started recording a couple times (looking to catch something liable on video) again, gotta get paid

None of this added up.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Imagine that

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I knew there had to be more to the story.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for posting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)