Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Blacks asked to leave restaurant - the real story.

Woman from Wild Wings Contacts Radio Facts, States Black Patrons Asked to Leave for Several Reasons - 

A woman contacted Radio Facts who works at the Wild Wings restaurant that asked the black patrons to leave. and asked that we allow her to be anonymous. She states there are several reasons the group was asked to leave (below)  Radiofacts.com,

You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers. 

- See more at: http://www.radiofacts.com/woman-wild-wings-contacts-radio-facts-states-black-patrons-asked-leave-several-reasons/#sthash.aUYeqPh3.dpuf

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Replies (271-277):
SherryBerry106
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Now there is a video going viral. It just isn't the one Brown wanted to light up the internet. In this short section of the WWC video you see several black women engaging in the typical hysterics you have become accustomed to if you watch shows like COPS or The First 48. One of our readers refers to these histrionic displays as "Shaniqua Theater" and gave us permission to use the phrase from this point forward.

video

joyfree
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

What the h*ll are you blabbering about now?

going crazy

Quoting SherryBerry106:

The poster doesn't get it, and the cracker in South Carolina doesn't get it.

They got themselves a President now.

Quoting joyfree:

I'm sorry, but I disagree... This thing blew up in Wild Wing Cafe's face because they ignored this incident for over THREE weeks... It was actually an issue between two customers, which was actually initiated by the actions and lack of manners from the woman who caused the party of 25 to be refused service... Read back a few pages.

This did not have to turn into a black vs white issue, but the mere fact that the manager took the side of the rude white patron over the initially patient but increasingly distressed group of 25 black patrons who had called ahead to advise the restaurant of the size of their group but still made them wait over two hours and THEN refused service because they seated the rude woman right next to where they were planning to seat the large party? Stupidity and quite possibly, racism...

You are right--- it's NOT that commom, thankfully, but still, the group only wants the manager to be held liable and for the staff to complete sensitivity training.

Quoting buttersworth:

well this is awful if true, and it may be true. But the fact of the matter is, anything racist is an anomoly in our society today and any shred of an example to be made larger than life about racism is going to be. It's going to be heralded from the roof tops because our perception of ourselves, our fellow Americans and our country is formed greatly by what is on tv, newspapers, internet and radio.

A few years back there was a big story about a Denny's that had discriminated against black patrons by taking them in last. It was big news. Shortly sometime thereafter, I went into a Denny's. You know what happened? A  party of just-so-happened-to-be black folks were taken in before my party of sames size, and we were there first, and the employee seating all of us knew it. I don't blame the black folks but the restaurant was obviously reacting to the recent bad press and so discriminated against me and my party.

This is stupid. Most -not all but most- people in our society in this day and age aren't concerned about race. They are concerned about getting an education, getting a job, and being able to live. Do most people really have the time, or the racist bone, to give a flying fig what color anyone is? Our country is so integrated at this point, you can't even live in a society that's that racist like the news is making it seem. You can't function being that racist.

People this is bs. The media wants to promote a race war. So while stories like this are sad and yes stories like this are true, it is enough of an oddity in this society to even make a story...which means it's not that common.

joyfree
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Where is the "link", SB? Who is the reader who says, "Shaniqua Theater"? BJ. one of your other personalities? 

You are such a ______!

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Now there is a video going viral. It just isn't the one Brown wanted to light up the internet. In this short section of the WWC video you see several black women engaging in the typical hysterics you have become accustomed to if you watch shows like COPS or The First 48. One of our readers refers to these histrionic displays as "Shaniqua Theater" and gave us permission to use the phrase from this point forward.

video

joyfree
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Oh, I see now--- you copied and pasted but neglected to put quotation marks around the statement and also didn't bother to check to see that the video needed to be embedded. Figures. I thought you were "smart"?

So what about the video? Without audio we can't hear the foot stomper who I'm guessing now is the "deaf girl" call the woman whose foot she stomped on a b*tch... Being deaf does not give you a free pass on manners!

Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and she was unaware that she stepped on the woman's foot and instead thought she was being tripped, who knows? I also do not see where the group was "blocking the entry hall", either...

That said, this one-sided article proves nothing except your unwillingness or inability to take many factors into account when analyzing a situation. You're a real head case.

Quoting joyfree:

Where is the "link", SB? Who is the reader who says, "Shaniqua Theater"? BJ. one of your other personalities? 

You are such a ______!

Quoting SherryBerry106:

video

copasetic1
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting copasetic1:

One of the funniest things in the world is watching racists explain why hating others because of their race or culture isn't racism. I guess that, to them, racism is deeply ingrained, they can't see it.

You are clearly referencing the ones that believed the original story tellers simply because they were black, and I agree with you.

You say that the people who believe this family are racists because we believe them, and we do so simply because they are black. Any time anyone supports anything to do with black people, you dismiss it entirely. This is because you believe A) that black people can't be right and, B) the only reason anyone could possibly support a black person is because of their color. So folks like you have decided that black people and anyone who agrees with them for any reason, on any issue, is a racist. Kind of like how it's best to raise taxes on the poor, and lower them for the rich. Oh, and environmentalism is bad for the Earth, and organic food is terribly dangerous.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

All this difficult to make sense of video shows is first one woman, then another, walking up to a third woman for a second, then moving away.  No sound, so you can't tell what's being said.  Was it, "Excuse me, what did you just call me??"

Shaiqua Theater, indeed.

The handful of folks in this party have repeatedly called for the restaurant to release all the security footage, including the long time they claim to have been waiting.  The restaurant has not.

But oh, Billy Bubba and Bobby Ray snuck in, played a small portion of video (with their inane commentary - "She's getting right in her face!"  "Waiting patiently, right!" - I guess that's meant to suggest to the viewer what they want you to see?) which they recorded with their phone.  I find that more troubling...

SherryBerry honey, you have to lift the white hood UP before you post - perhaps that will help you see better.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

video

joyfree
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Dedicated to you-know-who!

EDITED For Clarity

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

All this difficult to make sense of video shows is first one woman, then another, walking up to a third woman for a second, then moving away.  No sound, so you can't tell what's being said.  Was it, "Excuse me, what did you just call me??"

Shaiqua Theater, indeed.

The handful of folks in this party have repeatedly called for the restaurant to release all the security footage, including the long time they claim to have been waiting.  The restaurant has not.

But oh, Billy Bubba and Bobby Ray snuck in, played a small portion of video (with their inane commentary - "She's getting right in her face!"  "Waiting patiently, right!" - I guess that's meant to suggest to the viewer what they want you to see?) which they recorded with their phone.  I find that more troubling...

SherryBerry honey, you have to lift the white hood UP before you post - perhaps that will help you see better.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

video

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)