Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another dead thug: Domino's pizza driver shoots, kills robber in West Melbourne

And before all the socially engineered outrage begins, this guy was a "Thug" with a criminal history. Another reason concealed carry and Self Defense Laws exist.

Self defense and no arrest, in Florida.

Domino's pizza driver shoots, kills robber in West Melbourne

Evidence suggests self-defense

Fredrick Kelly Jr.

Kelly

A 34-year-old man picked the wrong victim Friday night when police said he approached a pizza delivery driver with robbery in mind.

Just before midnight, Fredrick Kelly Jr., 34, of Melbourne was shot and killed after he threatened a Domino’s Pizza employee with a knife in a West Melbourne Days Inn parking lot, 4500 W. New Haven, according to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.

After Byron Park, 54, of Palm Bay made a delivery to the hotel and returned to his vehicle, he was confronted with a demand for money, according to a release.

Park responded by shooting Kelly once in the upper torso with a handgun. Authorities said Park had a weapons permit necessary to carry the handgun in his vehicle.

Saturday afternoon, investigators believed Park’s actions were justified to protect himself.

“Preliminary evidence at the scene points toward this being a self-defense situation,” said Maj. Tod Goodyear of the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office. “He was protecting his life. The guy had a deadly weapon and was going to kill him if he didn’t give his money up.”

The case remains under investigation pending an autopsy.

“We have to make sure the information that was provided to us and what we see at the scene is consistent with the autopsy and it all adds up,” Goodyear said.

In 2001, Kelly was sentenced to 10 years in prison for three counts of armed robbery and was released in 2009, according to the Florida Department of Corrections.

Investigators believe the pizza driver was a random target of convenience after fulfilling a legitimate delivery at the hotel.

“The people who ordered the pizza had nothing to do with it,” Goodyear said. “That was just a coincidence.”

Attempts on Saturday to learn more from Domino’s officials about the company’s policy on armed drivers were unsuccessul.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (261-268):
littleangie
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

The article said that the robber had a knife. 

Quoting SuzCahn:

The robber didn't have a gun? I need more details before I pick a side.

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

You could learn a great deal from the lovely lady to whom you responded.  That's my idea of a 'real' Catholic, not whatever mish-mash of a religion you dish with your holier-than-thou attitude.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Della, your idea of a 'real' Catholic are those who pick & choose which teachings & doctrines accommodate personal opinion & society's view of events. You continuously mock & criticize Church teaching & those faithful to the Pope. I've defended the Church, the Eucharist, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Sacraments, devotion to Mary & the Saints and will continue to do so. You fail to understand Catholics embrace the Scriptures as our Protestant brothers & sisters do. I love Jesus & Mary. I would die for my Catholic faith. I've been very critical of New Age philosophy. You've been watching too much 'Oprah'!

Quoting Della529:

It's interesting to see how two Catholics disagree. One seems to follow Catholicism and the other follows some mish-mash brand that could only be explained by titling it as New Age Protestant/Catholicism. Blonde, I think you recognize where you fall.
Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting AlekD:

That "thug" was a human being with an immortal soul. Just a friendly reminder.

And the victim is a human being with an immortal soul.

blondekosmic15
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM

My husband would laugh @ you, Della. He asks me frequently why I pray so hard & fast for those who commit horrific crimes. He tells me I'm too compassionate for the worst of the worst. You should know by now I don't care what you think of me. Your jibberish reveals your own heart. I love the Church, my faith & God~+

Quoting Della529:

You could learn a great deal from the lovely lady to whom you responded.  That's my idea of a 'real' Catholic, not whatever mish-mash of a religion you dish with your holier-than-thou attitude.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Della, your idea of a 'real' Catholic are those who pick & choose which teachings & doctrines accommodate personal opinion & society's view of events. You continuously mock & criticize Church teaching & those faithful to the Pope. I've defended the Church, the Eucharist, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Sacraments, devotion to Mary & the Saints and will continue to do so. You fail to understand Catholics embrace the Scriptures as our Protestant brothers & sisters do. I love Jesus & Mary. I would die for my Catholic faith. I've been very critical of New Age philosophy. You've been watching too much 'Oprah'!

Quoting Della529:

It's interesting to see how two Catholics disagree. One seems to follow Catholicism and the other follows some mish-mash brand that could only be explained by titling it as New Age Protestant/Catholicism. Blonde, I think you recognize where you fall.
Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting AlekD:

Martina70
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, how dare we believe someone who has a long history of criminal activity activity  who was killed in this attempt to commit another armed robbery as a bad and dangerous person. 

What's next, that convicted pedophiles should be allowed to work at daycare centers because everyone deserves a second chance. 

Quoting masonmomma:

LMAO!!!!

Quoting AlekD:

The point is that he was a person, with a family who loved him and knew him better than you, a total stranger, who has literally no right or ability to accurately judge his character.

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Yes, but that thug made a choice and was willing to bet his life for whatever cash the driver had on him. He lost that bet.

Not every bet is a winning one.

Quoting AlekD:

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Yet you put G-d last.  After your church and your faith.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

My husband would laugh @ you, Della. He asks me frequently why I pray so hard & fast for those who commit horrific crimes. He tells me I'm too compassionate for the worst of the worst. You should know by now I don't care what you think of me. Your jibberish reveals your own heart. I love the Church, my faith & God~+

Quoting Della529:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Della529:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting AlekD:

SherryBerry106
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quoting Carpy:

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. And quit trying to change your tune.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Keep living with your head in the sand. Get a clue. I never said everyone. I specifically said on this board the USUAL RACISTS use it all the time in reference to black people. 

You are too much of a fool to even continue. Go ahead and get the last word. I know your arrogant self needs the validation that you got that last stupid point in.

Quoting Carpy:I know not everyone who uses the term thug is using it as a racial term. Grow up.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

But, Carpy knows what the whole world thinks and that is okay? I just know the racists on this baord and the cowardly way they hide behind it.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:Do prove none of the ladies who called this thug what he was - a thug - have ever called a white criminal a thug. You can't because you have not read every thread every woman here has participated in.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Please...get over yourself.  If you want to play dumb, go right ahead.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:so you read every single thread and know what every person here is thinking when they say particular words? SMDH Arrogance at its finest!!

p

I don't know why that one has it out for you.

IMO you are barely even conservative.
SherryBerry106
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

John Kerry called Bashar Al-Assad a THUG. lol

Kerry is really, really white bread.

He might think Assad is black.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM
You don't know me very well.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting Carpy:

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. And quit trying to change your tune.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Keep living with your head in the sand. Get a clue. I never said everyone. I specifically said on this board the USUAL RACISTS use it all the time in reference to black people. 

You are too much of a fool to even continue. Go ahead and get the last word. I know your arrogant self needs the validation that you got that last stupid point in.

Quoting Carpy:I know not everyone who uses the term thug is using it as a racial term. Grow up.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

But, Carpy knows what the whole world thinks and that is okay? I just know the racists on this baord and the cowardly way they hide behind it.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:Do prove none of the ladies who called this thug what he was - a thug - have ever called a white criminal a thug. You can't because you have not read every thread every woman here has participated in.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Please...get over yourself.  If you want to play dumb, go right ahead.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:so you read every single thread and know what every person here is thinking when they say particular words? SMDH Arrogance at its finest!!

p

I don't know why that one has it out for you.

IMO you are barely even conservative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured