Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Another dead thug: Domino's pizza driver shoots, kills robber in West Melbourne

And before all the socially engineered outrage begins, this guy was a "Thug" with a criminal history. Another reason concealed carry and Self Defense Laws exist.

Self defense and no arrest, in Florida.

Domino's pizza driver shoots, kills robber in West Melbourne

Evidence suggests self-defense

Fredrick Kelly Jr.

Kelly

A 34-year-old man picked the wrong victim Friday night when police said he approached a pizza delivery driver with robbery in mind.

Just before midnight, Fredrick Kelly Jr., 34, of Melbourne was shot and killed after he threatened a Domino’s Pizza employee with a knife in a West Melbourne Days Inn parking lot, 4500 W. New Haven, according to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.

After Byron Park, 54, of Palm Bay made a delivery to the hotel and returned to his vehicle, he was confronted with a demand for money, according to a release.

Park responded by shooting Kelly once in the upper torso with a handgun. Authorities said Park had a weapons permit necessary to carry the handgun in his vehicle.

Saturday afternoon, investigators believed Park’s actions were justified to protect himself.

“Preliminary evidence at the scene points toward this being a self-defense situation,” said Maj. Tod Goodyear of the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office. “He was protecting his life. The guy had a deadly weapon and was going to kill him if he didn’t give his money up.”

The case remains under investigation pending an autopsy.

“We have to make sure the information that was provided to us and what we see at the scene is consistent with the autopsy and it all adds up,” Goodyear said.

In 2001, Kelly was sentenced to 10 years in prison for three counts of armed robbery and was released in 2009, according to the Florida Department of Corrections.

Investigators believe the pizza driver was a random target of convenience after fulfilling a legitimate delivery at the hotel.

“The people who ordered the pizza had nothing to do with it,” Goodyear said. “That was just a coincidence.”

Attempts on Saturday to learn more from Domino’s officials about the company’s policy on armed drivers were unsuccessul.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree with you there. 

Quoting candlegal:

I would be willing to bet he wasn't thinking of his family when he made the choice to rob this guy.

Quoting KreatingMe:

But we can judge his choices on this night. If this information is accurate. Our character is made up of the choices we make, the actions we take, not our good intentions and happy thoughts. Isn't it ? 

Quoting AlekD:

The point is that he was a person, with a family who loved him and knew him better than you, a total stranger, who has literally no right or ability to accurately judge his character.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You missed the other post where people were saying "thug" Is a racial slur. That is why she has it in quotes.

Quoting SuzCahn:

I don't see where Iga said anything about race?

Quoting numbr1wmn:

WTF are you talking about.  Seriously turning this into race? I am worried about you.

Quoting lga1965:

well this is really intelligent....not.

"Thug" again? And SYG being defended again?

I thought in the 21st century that people were more civilized but I guess not. Good grief, I am disgusted.

.OceanBlue.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait.  Someone said "thug" is a racial slur?  Wow.  Mafia members are also called thugs, and aren't they mostly white?  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

You missed the other post where people were saying "thug" Is a racial slur. That is why she has it in quotes.

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

WTF are you talking about.  Seriously turning this into race? I am worried about you.

Quoting lga1965:

I thought in the 21st century that people were more civilized but I guess not. Good grief, I am disgusted.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM

ah ha.

Quoting lga1965:

Where did I say anything about race? Are you serious? A 'thug' can be anyone---any race---but I hate the word. It is ugly.I mentioned SYG because it is a terrible law. And because there are some violent people using it for justification. Nothing about race. Get new glasses or have someone read my replies to you.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

She didn't but the OP and her cronies will turn it into "concern" over the plight of black people.

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM
4 moms liked this
It's always sad when a life is taken but I'm glad the driver had a means to defend himself. Most criminals escalate their crimes. This driver could have been stabbed and killed.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I am mostly Italian. My mother is 100% Italian. I grew up around a lot of Italian people.  I have heard derrogatory "mafia" slurs my entire life and never ONCE have I heard the term "thug" used for a Mafia member.

Thug, especially the idiots who use it daily on this board, is normally used as a racial slur against  black people. The resident racist cowards on this board will claim that is not why they use it but it's bullshit. 

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Wait.  Someone said "thug" is a racial slur?  Wow.  Mafia members are also called thugs, and aren't they mostly white?  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am looking for post. It's from Executive Chick!

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Umm I think you may need to read that post again. Reading comprehension is important here. Quoting Debmomto2girls:

She didn't but the OP and her cronies will turn it into "concern" over the plight of black people.

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I know many here in Boston who are or were mafia and people do call them thugs.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I am mostly Italian. My mother is 100% Italian. I grew up around a lot of Italian people.  I have heard derrogatory "mafia" slurs my entire life and never ONCE have I heard the term "thug" used for a Mafia member.

Thug, especially the idiots who use it daily on this board, is normally used as a racial slur against  black people. The resident racist cowards on this board will claim that is not why they use it but it's bullshit. 

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting SuzCahn:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN