Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you done a random act lately?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 66 Replies
2 moms liked this
No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

My family LOVES to do random acts of kindness. My kids find ways to do kind things all the time. We taught them to do "random acts" years ago. The loved it and have never stopped.

It gives our family joy.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I recently donated money to help local kids get school supplies. I try to help with charities as often as I can.

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

We live on a tight budget but the other day while at the corner store there were 2 kids trying to buy snacks before school. They didn't have enough money. I leaned over them told the cashier, I got this swipped my ATM card. An I looked down at the kids and said have a great day. The look on their faces was priceless.

Quoting LauraKW:

No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

bump

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
That's cool, you were a super-hero to hose kids. I paid the tab of the girls in front of me at Target today. It was only like $5 but they really appreciated it. I told them to go plug someone's meter or something to pay it forward.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

We live on a tight budget but the other day while at the corner store there were 2 kids trying to buy snacks before school. They didn't have enough money. I leaned over them told the cashier, I got this swipped my ATM card. An I looked down at the kids and said have a great day. The look on their faces was priceless.

Quoting LauraKW:

tanyainmizzou
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Bought the orders of the two cars behind me in the coffee shop line.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Rock on, good woman.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Bump for kindness ;)

lovemymichael
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

How do you do that? Just say here is 10 bucks towards the next two cars? You don't know what they will order so do you just throw some extra bucks in and say use this for the next orders?

Quoting LauraKW:

Rock on, good woman.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Goth_mom13
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this

me and df bought a homeless man that we see at the park a hot meal,we asked him what he wanted and we went to get it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN