Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you done a random act lately?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Goth_mom13
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

another one is a woman was $40 short in line in front of me,i handed her one of the $100 in my purse(because honestly thats all i had) and told her to go get her kids a treat with the rest,she was so thankful it made me smile. a couple days later i went back to the store and she was there and gave me the change she didnt use from my $100 and told me to go buy my ds ice cream lol

secondboy2012
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I paid for a elderly mans dinner yesterday. He was eating alone so I picked up the tab and tip. I didn't say anything, just paid and left.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
When we were in Austin about a month ago the restaurant ruined my steak and I couldn't eat it, so we boxed it up and gave it to a homeless man. The steak was fine, I just had to send it back three times because it was still bleeding so they brought it back the last time well done. The homeless guy a $40 steak.
ZombieChicken
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Yes, we do.
cjsix
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I love doing this! My kids have grown up seeing me do it and they love seeing the surprise on someones face.

weezer_cookie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I bought a footlong Subway meal, an umbrella, and gave $10 to a homeless guy.
bearsbabies
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I payed 30 $ twords the fee of somone at our church being able to go to the women's retreat
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM
These stories always give me warm fuzziness.

Quoting bearsbabies:

I payed 30 $ twords the fee of somone at our church being able to go to the women's retreat
IandLoveandYou
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The car infront of me at Dunkin yesterday paid for my coffee and bagel!!

"Pay it forward" style.

It's never happened to me before, I didn't even know what to do so I said "ummmmm....well I guess I'll just pay for the person behind me?" ...the woman at the window thought it was hilarious :P.

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I'm a shit.  We haven't donated a dime. 

But we have mown 50 acres worth of grass in the last week.  And been called to round up ever-defiant cattle that simply will not stay in the damn fence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN