Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you done a random act lately?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
bearsbabies
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Its amazing how when u feel bad giving something to someone else makes it all ok

Quoting LauraKW:

These stories always give me warm fuzziness.

Quoting bearsbabies:

I payed 30 $ twords the fee of somone at our church being able to go to the women's retreat

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, just today I gave a five spot to a woman who was in need.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Yup, I knocked an old lady over on my way in the store this morninglaughing

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Today i cheered up a screaming toddler so his grandma could get her walled out for her purchases without him screaming in her ear :)

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a fabulous gift to pass down to your children :).

Quoting cjsix:

I love doing this! My kids have grown up seeing me do it and they love seeing the surprise on someones face.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Della the Defiant Cattle Coraller

Quoting Della529:

I'm a shit.  We haven't donated a dime. 

But we have mown 50 acres worth of grass in the last week.  And been called to round up ever-defiant cattle that simply will not stay in the damn fence.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Amen.

Quoting bearsbabies:

Its amazing how when u feel bad giving something to someone else makes it all ok

Quoting LauraKW:

These stories always give me warm fuzziness.

Quoting bearsbabies:

I payed 30 $ twords the fee of somone at our church being able to go to the women's retreat

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
You must be Catholic.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Yup, I knocked an old lady over on my way in the store this morninglaughing

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I am so grateful to a woman who once did that for me as I sat bawling because our flight was delayed one more time.

Quoting Arroree:

Today i cheered up a screaming toddler so his grandma could get her walled out for her purchases without him screaming in her ear :)

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I never throw anything out this is usable. I always donate.

We just donated our minivan to Purple Heart.  It was an older van but still has some miles left and has no major issues.  We thought about selling it but decided to let it be used for someone who needs it.  They do a lot of things for veterans.

A couple of weeks ago there was an elderly man in front of me in line at Walmart.  HE was short money and looked upset. So, I paid his bill.  He was so grateful and had tears in his eyes.  I am sure he was going through something bad and I was glad to help him a little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)