Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you done a random act lately?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
.OceanBlue.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Just this morning there was a homeless lady near the fast-food restaurant where I bought breakfast.  I gave her the meal I had just bought, and went back through the drive-thru for my own.  We try to always give our food to the homeless if we see them.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You brought (happy) tears to my eyes.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I never throw anything out this is usable. I always donate.

We just donated our minivan to Purple Heart.  It was an older van but still has some miles left and has no major issues.  We thought about selling it but decided to let it be used for someone who needs it.  They do a lot of things for veterans.

A couple of weeks ago there was an elderly man in front of me in line at Walmart.  HE was short money and looked upset. So, I paid his bill.  He was so grateful and had tears in his eyes.  I am sure he was going through something bad and I was glad to help him a little.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Donated a bunch of household items in the past week.  Told the guy on the bike next to me at the gym that he needed to be pedaling to work the TV controls (it was his first day).  Tipped $40 on a $60 haircut--I don't know if that counts.  

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Great post, love reading them all. How about what someone has done for us?

Going through the drive thru window the other day, the person in front of me paid for the coffee I was getting. So sweet and thoughtful!

D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I do this stuff all the time. Working in a hospital makes it easy though. There are a few long term care patients that I sit with regularly and read to. (I'm not a nurse). Every Friday I buy a pair of slippers and a teddy beat and take it up to our labor and delivery floor. The charge nurse knows to give it to the next baby born. Patients I've had to interact with I've sent gifts or flowers to.

We also have. Few downs kids that come in for physical therapy. They ride bikes as part of their therapy. Their first session they get to come down to the shop and we "pimp" the bikes out for them. We have a whole stock of lights, flashers, streamers, noise makers etc we will let them pick out for us to put on.
samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Daily. This morning i bought the food/coffee or whatever for the person behind me in the Dunkin Donuts drivethrough. It was only  $6...no biggie... but, i still love random acts of kindness. There isn't much else in the world that makes you feel like a good human being.

samurai_chica
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I just did that this morning! I always do it, as long as it's not crazy expensive :) It truly feels better to give than to receive :)
Quoting SuzCahn:

Going through the drive thru window the other day, the person in front of me paid for the coffee I was getting. So sweet and thoughtful!

SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

That's really nice of you!

I agree, it does feel SO good to be a giver!

Quoting samurai_chica:

I just did that this morning! I always do it, as long as it's not crazy expensive :) It truly feels better to give than to receive :)
Quoting SuzCahn:

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

The most recent was to give a delivery driver a pen. He'd forgotten his so I used mine to sign my name and then told him to keep it.

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

prommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Last week I was walking in the outdoor marketplace with my son. There was a young woman probably 8 months pregnant sitting on a bench holding up a sign that she was homeless and needed money for her baby. I gave her a $20.00 because that's all I had. I'd have given her more if I could have. She was so grateful it made me sad that $20 meant so much to her when I know how many times I've blown $20 on trash that I don't really need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)