Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you done a random act lately?

Posted by   + Show Post
No one in the station was contributing to our food bank drive so I went around the station and asked everyone if they had any change or a dollar bill like I needed money for a soda. So of course people are pulling out money and when they did I had them throw it in my bucket and told them thanks for donating. I hope they all feel good about their acts of kindness! Have you been random lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
TerriAnne2606
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently paid at starbucks for the guy behind me.  He pulled up to me at the light and was totally freaking out about it.  LOL  Just the look on his face was worth it.  :)  I try to teach my kids that this is very important.  

Sbellemommy
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM
It started hailing and I stopped and offered a woman who was walking a ride home.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I kicked up a puppy this morning. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done it recently but I have purchased coffee for the next people in line.

I have had a few people do a random act of kindness for me.  The ones that really stuck with me - the kids and I were at a favorite place having dinner and a couple paid for our dinner and left before I could thank them. They told the server that they were just so impressed with how well my kids were behaving.

The other one was Valentines day 2012, the first Valentines day after Matt's death.  My mom, the kids and I went out for dinner.  This couple paid for our entire meal.  They came and said he knew of Matt and had attended his memorial service.  I was so shocked.  I went home and cried.

GloryDaze
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Last week I had to stop in my doctor's office to pick up something and an elderly couple walked in.  They both had labored breathing and sweat on their foreheads.  They were lost and showed me a paper with the address of a doctor's office where the elderly lady was scheduled to have some lab work done.  They asked if they were in the right doctor's office.  They weren't in the right place and I told them they need to continue driving down the road another four lights (about 2 and a half miles).  I was still confused why they were so sweaty and out of breath but it is August so I dismissed the thought.

I left just a few minutes after them and as I was getting into my SUV I noticed the elderly couple walking.  They weren't driving at all!!  That explained why they were having such a difficult time breathing.  I pulled out of the parking lot onto the main road and pulled over next to them, rolled down my window and asked if they were intending on walking all the way to the correct doctor's lab.  They were and I asked them both to please get into my vehicle and I would gladly drive them to where they needed to go.

They both got into my SUV and were so grateful.  They told me that their grown children both had to work that day and couldn't drive them so they had to take the bus and had already walked two miles when they stopped into my doctor's office thinking that was the right place.  I felt so badly that this elderly couple was walking out in the heat like that.

I realize no one here knows what type of person I am so I feel I must explain that I NEVER casually picked up hitchhikers in my life.  Let's be real - that's how women get raped and murdered!  Technically they weren't hitchhiking though and I made a spur of the moment judgment call to help them.  I'm glad I did.  So that was my recent good deed. 

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I was driving not long ago and a young couple was struggling with groceries in ripped bags.  I stopped and gave them my reusable bags so they could make it home.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Definitely counts to the person you tipped :).

Quoting momtoscott:

Donated a bunch of household items in the past week.  Told the guy on the bike next to me at the gym that he needed to be pedaling to work the TV controls (it was his first day).  Tipped $40 on a $60 haircut--I don't know if that counts.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM
It IS important :).

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

I recently paid at starbucks for the guy behind me.  He pulled up to me at the light and was totally freaking out about it.  LOL  Just the look on his face was worth it.  :)  I try to teach my kids that this is very important.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I tried to do a good deed today but I wasn't fast enough. My parking sticker still had about an hour left on it so I tried to give it to the guy that was at the Pay to Park thing, but he put his change in and hit the button before I got to him.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I'm always too scared to do that :(.

Quoting Sbellemommy:

It started hailing and I stopped and offered a woman who was walking a ride home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)